eighteen

King

---

{{ Written by Stephanie N }}

---

《《 All Rights Reserved 》》

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eighteen | The King

"Where have you been all day?" I asked Mark when he stepped in the house. I wrapped my arms around his waist, and he leaned in to give me a kiss.

It lasted a while since I hadn't seen him since we woke up this morning. He was extremely busy today because of what day it was.

He sighed. "Out and about. Here and there. Everywhere it seems." He said.

I ran my hands along his side. "It'll be okay." I said since I felt his emotions and read his facial expressions.

"I love you." He said before he smothered me with kisses all over my face before reaching my lips again.

I laughed while in his embrace. "What do I need to do today? Is there anything left to do?" I asked him.

"Well," he said as his hands gripped my hips. I shook my head. "That's for later." I said as I smiled at him.

"I know. I know. I was kidding. We actually need to go set things up in the pack village." He said as he laced our fingers together.

We walked to the pack village where I saw the members helping bring out tables.

"Chae Eun, move your butt! We need help." Haechan joked as he walked by with Renjun, carrying a picnic table.

I felt a hand ruffle my hair. I reached up to fix it as I faced Jaehyun. "Ready for today?" He asked me with dimples embedded in his cheeks like they've always have.

I hesitated. "Mm, I don't know, but I have to be. It's only time and destiny." I said.

"It'll be fine. Don't worry." Mark said as he held my hand up to his lips and kissed it.

Johnny appeared with Taeyong and gave Mark a bro hug. Mark looked off in the distance to see Kun helping set up tablecloths. Kun waved to Mark and Mark waved back in acknowledgement.

"Today's the day. The long, awaited day." Johnny said slightly excitedly. Taeyong was quiet which showed his sadness too.

Mark addressed the older member. "It's time." Mark said. "There's nothing we can do about it."

Taeyong nodded before exhaling loudly. "I know. It's just something I'm used to having." He said.

"Everyone got used to it." I said.

"Mark, everything is ready. Pack members will sit down now." Jisung informed him.

Mark nodded before looking at me. He smiled despite everything going on. He reached out for my hand and we stepped up to the stage in front of all the pack members.

I saw both of our parents walk over with our kids as Mark spoke into the microphone.

"Today is the big day that I resign from my title as alpha and king." Mark started off.

"Today is the day that my son takes the crown as the king and the alpha that rules many pack members across the globe." Mark said. "A great deal of responsibility and pressure lays on his very shoulders, but I believe he is truly prepared for it all."