Ten

Zara's P.O.V. 

I look around the schoolyard, a blank expression on my face as I continue to sit on the bench. 

"What? Can't get a word out?" I hear Chang say 

I look up to see Chang and his goonies in front of me before looking back down at my book.  

"It almost seems like she can't talk anymore doesn't it boys?" Chang laughs "How about we finally go teach that Zuko kid a lesson." 

"He isn't going here anymore," I say, not looking up 

"What's that?" Chang questions 

"Zuko, well Prince Zuko isn't going here anymore. Fire Lord decided to bring him back to his at-home studies." I reply, finally shutting my book and looking at the group in front of me 

"You're saying that puny kid is Prince Zuko, the one who is supposed to be our next Fire Lord." One of the guys says 

"Yes. That is exactly what I am saying." I say as I stand up "Now if you will look at the time, it is time to get to class." 

I push past them, heading towards my classroom. I look around before looking at the teacher as she nods and I head to my seat, staring out the window, looking out towards the palace. 

Zuko's P.O.V. 

I look out the window towards the direction that the school would be at. I shake my head before staring at the teacher that is in front of me, pointing at the history points that we were talking about. 

"Zuko, can you not pay attention for once?" Azula starts 

"I already learned this back at the other place." I start "This is just a review." 

"Wait, they were ahead of this?" The teacher asks 

"Yes, sir. Our class was a pretty fast-paced class. We would be able to memorize things faster than the other classes our age." I explain "The teacher also had me and Zara on a different topic most of the time due to our advancement." 

"I'll keep that in mind for the future lessons." The teacher says "Thank you for telling me now." 

I look back out the window to see Uncle Iroh walking through the halls, a worried expression on his face as he starts to leave the palace. 

"Where do you think he's going?" Azula asks 

"I don't know. Zara is supposed to be having her lesson in less than an hour." I reply as I watch my uncle 

I turn around to see my father walking towards his brother, a solemn look on his face. 

My uncle turns to look at my father before shaking his head, bowing. 

"I think I am going to go find out from Uncle," I say as I stand up  

I brush my clothes off before running after my uncle to see him holding a letter. 

"Uncle Iroh!" I yell 

"Zuko, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in class?" Iroh asks 

"No. We were released early for some reason today." I say "Why are you heading this way? You only go this way when you are going to fetch Ling." 

My uncle looks at me before pursing his lips, looking down at the letter. 

"Don't tell me..." I start 

"Admiral Jian was killed in the crossfire between earthbenders and firebenders." Iroh starts