Beach

Hey everyone in this chapter it mentions the topic of suicide and depression. If you are sensitive to these types of things I know how you feel because I have been thought this and I am sorry if it brings you discomfort.

------------------------------------------

"Hey Zenith how are you." Hannah said buckling up. "I'm good how about you from the text you sent me some like you were a little down or sad." I said to her as I pulled out of her driveway. "I'll tell you when I get to the beach. Hannah said. "Ok." I said as I pulled onto the main road leading towards the beach.

Few minutes later

When we arrived at the beach the sun is already going down. Where got out of the car and started heading towards the walkway to get onto the sand. We took pictures of the sunset.

The pictures

After taking the pictures we thenwe started talking

After taking the pictures we thenwe started talking. "So what has you so sad." I asked her. "Well I just found outI'm not so great news from my family. One of my cousins he was bullied forbeing gay and ended up trying to commit suicide." Hannah said crying alittle bit. "Oh no is he ok?" I questioned her. "Yeah they said he'll befine. His mom is trying to get the school to take action about this."Hannah explained. "It's just as mother taking action so I'm guessingthat his father is not so supportive of him coming out as gay and that he probably deserved to get bullied." I said toher as we walked down the beach. "Yeah you're right his father doesn't supporthim. His father originally wanted to thrown out of the house. So my cousin wasgoing to come live with us until he could get back on his feet but his momsaid no he's not being kicked out of the house." Hannah said has she stoppedand looked at the ocean. "But the one thing you're most concerned about is himwanting to take his life because of the bullying. Isn't it." I said whilelooking to her. "Yeah attempting to take his life scares me and I thought Icould maybe talk to you and get advice about how to handle the situation. Imean how did your parents feel when you came up bisexual?" Hannah said. 

"Well when I came out to my parents my dad was very understanding and he said hewould love me no differently. My mom on the other hand was a different story.But when I told my mom she said she would not love me any differently but the way shetalked and acted. I knew she didn't fully accept me being bisexual. As far ashow to handle cope with him trying to take his life you have to be understandingof what the person is feeling at that point in that moment in time. You have seen it withme all throughout middle school and high school. I went through years of bulling hearing people say that I was nothing, it would just be better for my family and society if I just ended it all." I say as I paused for a little bit. "There is a saying that going 'The people who smile the brightest yourcousin in this case are often the ones that have the deepest scars.' You justhave to support him you can advise him to what to do but he has to make thedecision for himself. I know it's hard to see one of your family members gothrough it with this pain that he has. But the one thing that I have come tonow is that if you take your life you are giving the bullies what they want you are giving them the power over you. You have to take the power back and beproud of Who You Are it doesn't matter what race you are what sex you are or what youidentify as we are all human beings. We all have emotions and we all get hurtand many times people don't stop to think about what they might say mightactually hurt the other person. It's just something we have to deal with intoday's society. But you can tell him that he's not alone in this struggle manypeople all over the world who struggle with the same thing that he strugglingwith now." I said as I shed some tears while looking at the sky. "Yeah you're right but it is just hard to see him go through this." Hannah said as we continued walking. 

"And it's going to be but you have to be there for him you have to show him your support. Many times we don't know what's going on inside their head until they say something about it." I said as I looked towards the ocean. "Yeah that's all we can do right now." Hannah said as my phone started to ring. *Ring Ring* I fished my phone out of my back pocket and looked at the caller ID and it read Amanda.

Phone convo
Z= Hello Amanda your on speaker. How are you and Liz.
A= We are good how are you. Is it raining there?
Z= I'm good I'm hanging out with Hannah right now.
H= No it's not raining we are at the beach just hanging out.
A= Really how is the beach there?
Z= It's really good I'll send you a picture of what we are seeing.

A= Really how is the beach there?Z= It's really good I'll send you a picture of what we are seeing

A= Wow that's pretty.
Z= So where is Liz at?
A= She's in the other room filming tik toks will come in a a few minutes.
H= Haha I figured that's what you guys would be doing. Did you guys not have work today?
A= No we both had off days today.
L= Okay I'm done now I can talk.
H= Well nice of you to join us Liz parently Tik tok's are more important than talk to us.
L= Well of course they're important. But I am here now so what's up.
Z=Nothing much just hanging up the beach with Hannah. Show her the picture that I sent you guys.
L= Wow that's really pretty.
A= Yep so what did you call about.
L= Well we were wondering if you guys wanted to hang out sometime after Christmas. Maybe we can all get into cosplays and do a photoshoot together.
Z= That's so cool I'll have to check with my family see if we're not doing anything what about you Hannah
H= I should be able to make it. Hey by the way I just got those pictures off my camera so I can send them to you if you want me to. Or I can save them onto a hard drive and just bring it with me when we come to visit.
A= Yeah that sounds good. Just save it on a hard drive than just bring it to us.
Z= I'll let you guys know on plans and all that after Christmas.

We talked to Amanda and Liz for a little while longer. Talking about how they are what are their plans for Christmas and other things. It was about 7:30 when we got off the phone with Liz and Amanda. "What do you want to do now go get dinner then I can get you home." I asked Hannah as we walked back to my car. "Yeah that sounds good hey thank you for talking to me I figured you'd have more insight on what he's going through then anyone else since you went through it." Hannah said "I know you're just worried for your cousin that's perfectly fine to be." I say as I unlock my car.