13. Technical Difficulties

Johnny's POV

"Attention, Ghost Train riders, we've come across some technical difficulties. Please stay calm and remain in the cart, while we try to sort it out. We apologize for the inconvenience," I heard a voice say though the loud speaker. I sighed.

"No, no, no, this is not happening right now, this is not happening right now," Kenzie muttered to herself. She looked like she was on the verge of tears. I felt so bad. I was the one who told her to come on the ride.

"Kenzie, you'll be okay..." I said, rubbing her back.

"I'm scared, John," she whimpered. My heart broke at that. She's scared. And it was all my fault.

"I know, Kenzie, and I'm sorry, okay?" I said. "Come here." I patted my legs, gesturing for her to sit on my lap.

"Are you sure?" she asked. Even when it was all my fault, she was still the sweetest person, because that's just Kenzie.

"Never been more sure of anything in my entire life," I smiled, and she made her way to sit on my lap, so she was straddling me. She hugged me, and I hugged her even tighter.

"Kenzie, I know you're scared. And quite frankly, I'm scared as shit as well. But when you think about it, it's not at scary as it seems. I mean, we're together, aren't we? And we're gonna get outta here in maybe a few minutes," I tried to make her less scared. "Kenzie, can you do me a favor?"

"Mhm," she hummed, still hugging me tight.

"Could you open your eyes for me?" I asked. I could feel her shake her head against my neck. "C'mon, I want to see those beautiful eyes of yours. Please, Kenz?"

Slowly, she lifted her head from my shoulder, and opened her eyes. They were glossy from tears, but that only accentuated their beauty. Her beauty.

"There we go, Kenzieboo. There are those pretty eyes," I smiled.

She wrapped her hands around my neck. "I only opened them to see yours. You have gorgeous green ones. I have ugly brown ones."

I furrowed my eyebrows in disappointment. "No, Kenzie. Don't say that. Your eyes are beautiful," I said.

I smiled when she blushed and looked down.

"Hey," I said, lifting her chin up, "They are. And I wouldn't lie to you, Kenz. You are extremely beautiful. Your eyes, your body, your hair, your-"

I felt myself get cut off by Kenzie. Well, rather, Kenzie's lips. I was shocked for a second, but then I melted into it, kissing her back. Then suddenly, she pulled away.

"I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry," she said quickly, and I smiled.

"I'm not."

I immediately smashed my lips against hers again, and she chuckled. She ran her fingers through my hair, and I smiled against her lips. I loved how she did that. I put one hand on her lower back, and the other was playing with her hair. I slowly pulled away, leaving small butterfly kisses on her lips.

She put her head on my shoulder once again, and I could feel her hot breath against my neck.

"Johnny?"

"Yeah, Kenz?" I replied, still playing with her soft hair.

"Could you sing to me?" she asked, and I have to admit that she kind of surprised me. But it was cute.

"Of course," I smiled. I thought of a song, and I decided to sing one that I thought would be special to her, and to us.

"What's it called?"