HEAVENLY

STAY SOFT, IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL ON YOU

STAY SOFT, IT LOOKS
BEAUTIFUL ON YOU.

          ASK ANYONE IN BEACON HILLS who Joey Sommers was and they'll all answer the same—a blessing

ASK ANYONE IN BEACON HILLS who Joey Sommers was and they'll all answer the same—a blessing. The sixteen year-old, having earned herself a "golden girl" reputation, was unfailably the first to be of assistance, volunteer to help, or be a shoulder to lean on. It confused people; how could someone be so kind and trusting in the murder capital of the country? (And we're not even gonna get into all the unsolved police investigations and just plain weird stuff no one can seem to explain).

For Joey, the answer was quite simple actually. You see, there were lots of ways someone with an absent father and a mother who died in childbirth could end up. One of them rarely being with loving godparents who raise you as their own. Joey knew that when the odds had been against her before she could even open her eyes, the universe had been kind to her. Therefore, she decided to pay it forward.

But how was Joey supposed to have known that simple, tiny decision would throw her into a world she hadn't signed up for? Or that volunteering at the Beacon Hills animal clinic—good samaritan, was she—would put her in more danger than she knew. Or that she would ultimately be caught in the crossfire of a war between an alpha pack and her best friend. But above all, how could Joey have foreseen that being bit by one of said alphas would awaken something in her—triggering what her aunt and uncle had been trying to hide since the day she was born?

          Answer: she couldn't have known. She wasn't a fortune teller, she was nephilim! Or... at least according to her best friend, Vee, she was. But Joey's newfound abilities (enhanced strength? Check. Faster movements? check. Telekinesis? Check. What the fuck did you literally grow 4 inches—? Check. And, to top it all off, seeing wings in your shadow? Check) had proven her theories correct.

Now who would've thought, huh? Beacon Hills' angel, it turned out, was literally an angel.