prelude

EPIGRAPH

"Where words fail, music speaks."

– Hans Christian Andersen

SYNOPSIS

Musically inclined Zander Reed finds Delia Gonzales, intoxicated and about to tumble onto the tracks just before the next subway train arrives. She's perfect, confident and unreal, which is enough to bring Zander to his senses and run towards her to catch her on time.

Saving her life thus becomes the starting point of their new relationship. The more time he spends with Delia finding new spots in the city to help inspire them to create a playlist, the more Zander finds himself intrigued by her. What he doesn't realize is that the woman for whom he has fallen head over heels has an obscure past of hidden truths she has to face—a beat yet to be discovered.

And that he, too, must grapple with inner demons of his own.

CHARACTERS

Owen Teague as Alexander "Zander" Reed

Liza Soberano as Delia Gonzalez

Matthew Daddario as Tristan Reed

WARNING

As this story deals with New Adult themes, reader's discretion is advised.

Swearing and coarse language

Sexual content

Themes dealing with mental illness (i.e. depression and anxiety) and suicide

Alcohol and drug use

Writing errors since this is a first draft!

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Being away from Wattpad from all these years felt like both a drought and an intense learning curve. I've gained eye-opening experiences and lost energy over others. Now, in the right headspace, I feel that I am now more prepared to begin a project that has been lingering in the back of my mind and kept safe in my heart. I hope you enjoy this novel and fall in love with the sensitive yet sarcastic Zander in the way that I have.

This is for those who got lost, but managed to push through and find their path again.

Happy reading!

STATUS

Writing: April 2020–present

COPYRIGHT

Copyright © 2020 by Kay Rosales / fleurissements
All rights reserved. This book or any part of this publication thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the prior written permission of the author, except for the use of brief quotations for book reviews or articles.