Chapter 9- Aftermath

Chapter 9

Michael's POV

The next thing I remember is waking up in the infirmary, my head throbbing with pain. On instinct I flung myself forward grabbing my head, letting out groan as I did. Beside me, Ritchie jumped up from his place on the chair. He scanned the room before letting his gaze land on me. He visibly relaxed, "oh thank the gods". He made his way to perch beside me on the bed as I twisted around to let my legs fall off the edge. He turned to face me, "how are you feeling?"

"not as bad as I think I should. What happened?"

"I caught you just before you hit the floor but my landing wasn't the nicest"

I hummed, "that way my head hurts?"

"yeah... sorry about that" he winced.

"no, thank you for catching me" I said, "how long have I been out?"

"couple hours, it's not too bad"

"eh, that's pretty good"

We sat for a moment in silence before Ritchie spoke up, "not even a day you've been back and yet you've been in here twice"

I laughed, "in my defence, it's not my fault".

Ritchie just shook his head fondly, "good to know you haven't changed at least"

"hey! I'm not that bad!"

"debateable"

That's when Austin barged through the infirmary door, panting. Thedoor slammed against the wall creating a loud bang. Austin, despite the smallwince, couldn't seem to care less and instead focussed on scanning the room. Afterspotting me, he screamed, "mom!" before leaping onto me.

"hey!"

"glad you're okay and all that stuff, but like, in all honesty, I don't think you're capable of dying at this point, anyway, more importantly, they're doing that ball!" he said with his pitch gradually rising to the point he screamed the last part. He was shaking with visible excitement and I'm pretty sure his grin couldn't get wider if he tried.

"wow, nice to know I'm a priority" I joked. Ritchie playfully slapped my arm in response.

"they're actually doing it?" Ritchie asked.

"yeah they are and I actually get to go with Bri this time!" Austin said, vibrating with happiness. It turns out he could grin wider. Good to know.

What ball?

Never mind. You know what? Sure. 

"wow I'm really happy for you kid" I said pulling him into a sideways hug. I looked up to see Ritchie smirking at me.

"come on" I said pulling Ritchie into the hug.

We stayed like that for a while before Austin spontaneously yelled, "wait! I need to find Bri" and ran off.

I let go of Ritchie, "so erm, what ball?"

"ohh, people wanted to celebrate winning the battle and stuff, and pretty much all of the Aphrodite kids suggested a ball. They did it all synchronised. It was pretty weird actually"

"so, we actually get to go to this one then?"

"yeah, I guess so... unless you feel like giving the god of the dead another visit"

"funny. Really funny"

Fluff. Because why not.   :)