18

"Alpha David?" I whispered half to myself, rigid with shock. With Stefan walking beside him they could've been brothers, same dark hair and same scathing eyes. He had seemed so friendly before when he helped me, but now I wasn't to sure. My mouth gaped open, trying to form words. "Did you know? When you saved me?"

He smiled softly but said nothing and continued to walk towards me before halting a few paces ahead of me. He opened his arms wide, almost as if he expected me to run to him and drag him into a hug. Or he could've been gesturing at how 'great' he thought his entrance was.

"Say hi to dad," Stefan winked at me sarcastically. "It only took him about twelve years to confront you. After all, he deserves a warm welcome after he went to such," he paused dramatically, "great extents to see you." Sarcasm seeped through his tone as Alpha David winced.

"You know, I'm starting to see the resemblance," Brad muttered, referring to Stefan and myself's sarcasm. I shoved him in the ribs with my elbow but he didn't even utter a sound.

"Where's my mother? Is she still coming?" I searched around the undergrowth behind them, looking for movement. Maybe this woman would be more forthcoming than the man who claimed to be my father.

"Maybe we should go inside," Alpha David replied, eyes darting around the forest. "It's not safe out here." He wrung his hands out nervously.

"I have patrols around every border," Brad practically growled. "Nobody's getting in or out without my say on the matter." I glanced over at him to see bared teeth. I placed a hand on his arm to keep him from injuring my so called 'family'.

"We got in here, didn't we?" Stefan said lightly.

"That's different, I let you come here!" I gripped Brad's arm tighter and tried to drag him closer to myself.

"Not the first time," Alpha David remained calm. "Stefan told me he had great ease getting in and out of your territory. I thought you would've taken better care of my daughter when we left her in your packs care!" His gaze turned hard and cold.

"Oh, just like you took care of her mother when the rogues attacked-" brad stopped himself, clenching his fists into tight balls and breathing in and out slowly. Raven looked around, confused.

"Brad," his words almost came out as a sigh. "We were such good friends before, why can't it stay that way? With a war so close can you really afford to lose it all without the aid of my pack?"

"What war?" I interrupted their dispute and took a step closer to them, Brad matching my steps. "There is too much I am confused about!" She shook her head angrily.

"The Alpha of The Rogues is coming. He wants the last three wolves of Nicei Salstas dead, that's Stefan, my daughter and myself." Brad growled and shoved me into his body, breathing in my scent deeply. "Of course I won't let that happen." David added in.

"You mean I won't let that happen." Brad stated angrily. I could see the hackles rising and teeth bared.

"Why don't we take this inside," I suggested and started walking towards the pack house. Hearing no following feet I called out, "You better all be following me! I kicked Brad's ass and I can kick yours!" I heard two deep laughs before the three sets of feet walked behind me.

***

"So where's my mother?" I asked curiously. All three men glanced at each other without answering. "Okay, that's enough!" I yelled, slamming a fist on the table. "You-" she pointed to Alpha David, "Will stop keeping secrets from me!" I growled at him for extra emphasis.

Alpha David looked at me calmly, not reaction much to my outburst. "I haven't kept anything from you. You know exactly where she is." His face showed a trace of pain and remorse. I looked at him with a confused expression upon my face.

I tried to recall the brief time i spent with him and what he might've told me. I paled as my mind found the right topic. "You mean, she's gone?" I asked in a small voice and shut my eyes when Stefan nodded coldly.

I lost two mothers in a few days! I thought to myself glumly. One That lied to me my whole life and one I wish I knew about. I shook my head clear of any unnecessary thoughts.

"Time for grieving is later," I said with a clear mind. "We must strategize for the war." I calmly looked to them all and Brad looked at me in disbelief at how well I was coping with the news.

Alpha David nodded his head. "They are coming in about a month." He stroked his chin thoughtfully. "If I bring my pack here tomorrow then we can train together, pick up new tactics." Stefan nodded at his side.

"We can come together as one and have a doubled force." He glanced at Brad. "However, we'd need your full cooperation."

Brad looked at me before nodding. "How do you know all of this?" Brad asked, taking the question straight from my own mind.

David nodded, "I had spies all around him. Some that were there to weight on his hand and foot and others that were there to simply listen to him and report back, but he found them and-"

Stefan jumped in at this point, "But he caught them last week and had them executed, sending their bodies back to me. That's why I am so willing to help; to prove to him that you can't kill my pack and get away with it." I nodded my head.

Brad scratched the back of his head, and his brow furrowed and I reached up a hand to smoothen it out.

"We don't." David said calmly. "But with our extra pack at your side we can double patrols, mind linking at the first sign of danger."

I nodded my consent as did Brad. I held out my hand to Stefan. "Here to our alliance. May it last as long as our family ties do." His hand clasped mine tightly and he looked me straight in the eye.

"Blood is thicker than water."

This short chapter is dedicated to Pikachu_5248

I just wanted to take this time to say thank you to all of you who have stuck with me this far! I know this book is no where near good enough and I hope to be fixing and changing a whole bunch of things and details. Stay cool :) xx