10

it started out small. even after finding out corbyn was his soulmate, jack tried to deny his feelings for the blonde. pointless, yes, but he was scared.

the fear of being rejected was a constant feeling that coursed through his body when he saw corbyn. he so badly wanted to tell him that he was his soulmate. but he couldn't.

it didn't help that when he looked at corbyn, he started loosing focus of everything else. he started noticing the little things about him and it didn't help his denial at all. from the way his blond hair fell in front of his face, to the way his blue eyes lit up when something exciting happened.

jack was screwed. so he decided to go to one friend he knew might be able to help.

-

zach let out a yelp as he was pulled into the closet, the door shut and locked behind him. jack stood there, his eyes reading desperation. "i need your help."

"okay, what's going on?" the younger boy asked and put his hands by his sides, watching jack pace back and forth, tugging on his curls. "i'm sure whatever it is it can't be that b-"

"i think i'm in love with corbyn!" jack blurted out and turned to look at his friend with an expression begging for help.

zach blinked a few times, his words just settling in. "oh... oh!" his jaw dropped a little and he looked at his curly-haired friends. "seriously?!"

jack nodded slowly, biting his lip with nervousness and looking at the ground. "um, what about your-?" zach didn't finish and gestured to the older boy's wrist.

he quickly looked down at it and unclipped his watch, showing the younger boy his exposed tattoo. "he-he has the same one. i-i saw it at the party." jack stuttered out and looked at him with desperation. "zach, what am i going to do?"

zach bit the inside of his cheek and looked at the tattoo, then back up at jack. "you should tell him."

the older boy inhaled sharply and shook his head. "but... what if he rejects me?" he finally asked the question that had been burning in his mind since he first saw the black mark on corbyn's skin.

"hey, don't think like that." zach said softly and walked over, putting his hands on jack's shoulders. "it's corbyn, you two are literally meant to be together. honestly if this soulmate tattoo thing didn't exist, i'd day you two were perfect anyway."

jack smiled slightly and let out a sigh. "thanks zach, i needed that." he said and gave his friend a quick hug before pulling back.

"no problem. i think i'm getting good at the soulmate thing." zach smirked and crossed his arms over his chest.

"speaking of which..." jack grinned and leaned against the wall of the closet. "how're things going between you and daniel?"

zach's cheeks turned more red than usual and he looked at the older boy with wide eyes. "how did you-when did-?"

"i saw you two at the party, i kinda figured out what was going on." jack chuckled and put his arm around his friend's shoulder, leading the two out of the closet.