2222

The year 2222 is indeed going to go down the history of the world.
Dan thought while chewing the protein shake that was given for the lunch. "They have invented portions to replace food. How absurd is that! But then again, what can they do. There isn't much food in the world anymore. We'll have to eat what we got." Dan says to himself.

He has read in history books that about 200 years back, they used to serve delicious foods which were made of actual food ingredients in lunch. It makes him really mad that he had to born in the era of global food crisis.

Every nation is now fighting only get few acres of land under the Pacific that is made by the United Nations to cultivate as the land above the water is all polluted and toxic. Some nations are  purchasing more lands than they should and there are countries that can't buy any. They are buying minimum amount of staples only because of the demand of their citizens.

But Dan's family never buys food from market because his minimalist family thinks eating is only necessary to keep your body going and people should not bother about the taste or the product. If it gives you energy then you have to consume it. That's what his father said.

But he has eaten rice and other items like chicken and fish on different occasions at his friend Run's house. Run's family is quite well off and at his house it's normal to have rice and all other food items like burger and pasta. They made pizza once but Dan couldn't go that time.

Dan takes the last sip of the thick liquid and chewing it like it was burger. A very insipid burger.

As Dan finished his lunch, he stood up and walked towards then common room where his girlfriend said she would wait for him.

Dan entered the common room and saw everyone anxiously watching the news on TV.

"What up? What up my pretty lady? What's so interesting in news? " Dan asked his girlfriend Kiara.

Without moving her eyes that's glued to the TV, Kiara scrunched her nose and said, " See what they are saying."

Dan shrugged and looked at the TV.

A group of scientists have claimed that this discovery can bring about a revolution in the world history, if manifested properly.

However some specialists are saying that using this portion on human can destroy the biological evolution of humankind and at no means this should be applied on humans.

The WHO is yet to make a decision on whether to approve this portion which can apparently put an end to all the sufferings of mankind.

"What's it they are talking about?" Dan asks.

"Something very inhuman. Some scientists are claiming that they have invented some kind of medicine which will prevent the secretion of hormones that causes us to feel different emotions. " Kiara says.

"What if they do that?" Dan asks, confused.

"Ah. You are so dumb Danny. This hormones causes all the emotions that we feel. What purpose of our life will be there if those don't feel anything anymore? " She exclaims," They are saying if people don't feel anything anymore no war or conflict will occur. People will do everything according to the rules and regulations. No one will break the rules. Does that even makes sense?"

Dan stays quiet. It makes sense to him. Something so dangerous is making sense to him. Logically, there is no denying that all these emotions cause every problem of the world.

Flashback

Dan hears another sharp sound coming from his parents room. He tries to concentrate on his study. Tomorrow is his mathematics exam. He hears another sound of glasses shattering. He hears his parents screaming at each other. It's nothing new. But he just can't get used to this.

"Why did you two bring me in this world if you are going to fight everyday like this? I know you are still together only because of me. Maybe also because of what society will say. Why would you do that to me? To yourselves? Nobody is happy. I am sorry I exist." Dan whispers as he cut his vein with a pencil sharpener blade.

Dan survives this time and his parents promises not to fight anymore only to go outside the hospital room and blaming each other again for what Dan did. Eventually they started to taunt Dan, Blackmail him, that he brought disgrace upon their family because he tried to kill himself. 

End of flashbacks

Back then, Dan was thankful that he has got to live and found Kiara. He loved her and promised to himself that he will make her happy. Unlike his parents he wanted to be a good parent. He trusted Kiara and he knew that she too trusted him. He didn't care about his parents anymore. He had found Kiara. Together they will be happy. But, Dan was thankful that he has got to live and found Kiara. He loved her and promised to himself that he will make her happy. Unlike his parents he wanted to be a good parent. He trusted Kiara and he knew that she too trusted him. He didn't care about his parents anymore. He had found Kiara. Together they will be happy.

After almost two years of what happened, right now nothing's working to get the everyday fights at home off of his head. Dan is tired of his parents. He has developed many mental issues because of the situation in his house which his parents denys to recognize and defines them as him overthinking.
Kiara is trying to help him but she isn't the cause, so she couldn't do much about it except supporting him mentally. She is doing her best to help him.

Right now, people who will support this experiment and people who will not support this experience , both are making their decisions drived by their emotions. What if there was no emotions. They would not have been so excited or anxious or eager to hear the news of this experiment. They would think logically. People with logic will support this. Dan thinks to himself.

"Hey, what are you thinking?" Kiara gives Dan a peck on his lips.

Wait, but what about people who love each other? What about them? 

The news anchor reads," The scientists says that to live in harmony and peace we have to make some sacrifices which will bring a greater future for everyone. " 

~~~

Hello my dear reads
I am so grateful to you whoever is reading this. This story suddenly came in my mind. This is kind of a Sci-Fi which doesn't really scientifically make much scene. But it's called fiction for a reason I guess. Haha.

I don't know how frequently I will upload or anything. It's just right now I'm feeling really motivated to write something while sitting at home. I'm not even sure how the story goes or for how long I will continue the story or if I'll be able to complete the book. I will try to complete it. That's why I am trying to write pretty fast. Haha. Some ideas in this chapter are taken from Md. Jador Iqbal sir's science fiction books (like, consuming portions instead of food).

Have a safe day guys. Stay at home. Wash your hands. And Most importantly don't forget to love yourself and the ones who love you.

XOXO

-Author