Chapter 1

"They lived happily ever after," she almost whispered to herself then she put the book aside and went to get ready for the work.

Jenni was 24 years 24-year-old girl with sparkling blue eyes and long black hair. She lived with her beloved younger sister Helen, an
18 years old pretty girl. Their parents died a few years ago, and being older than Helen she took the responsibility to raise themselves. She was about to complete her graduation and was also doing part-time jobs to fulfil her needs. On the other hand, Helen was a high school student. Everything was going well in their lives.

"How much this book costs?" a middle-aged woman asked her while taking a glimpse of all the contents.
" 15 dollars!", she replied gently. " Don't you think that this is too much?" she said as she peeked from her glasses. "Mam! The cost of paper, ink and other stuff are touching the sky. Moreover, this book is out of stock now, only the last two copies are left. This is one of the two." she said in a working manner which she used to treat the customers. The woman frowned as if she was trying to believe her words, then she paid the amount and went away.

" Thank god! It's time to close up", she sighed. She was doing a part-time job in a bookshop for almost a year and was enjoying it. She used to read books whenever she was free as she was fond of books. This job is suiting her attitude much more than being a waiter, a babysitter etc.

She was arranging the books carefully on shelves when the phone rang. She picked up the phone quickly without looking at the screen. "hello!", a sweet voice came from the phone. Jenni recognized the person in a second. It was Helen, the most comforting voice for her. "When are you coming back?" Helen inquired. " I will be back in an hour.", Jenni replied while cleaning the shop. "ok come back soon!", Helen replied in her usual excited way. Then she hung up the call and locked the shop.
It was about 11:00 pm and the streets were empty and dark. "Its too late today", she said, "Helen must be waiting for me", looking towards her watch. She was taking fast steps. Her home was not far away from the shop but today it seemed to be very long. The weather was also becoming bad. The trees were looking horrible in the darkness.
Suddenly, She felt the presence of someone in the surroundings as she heard the noise of footsteps. She was trying to ignore it saying it must be her imagination. But the sound becomes more loud. She did not turn back as she was afraid. Her heartbeat was rising. But when she reached her home, she noticed that the sound had vanished. She turned to see but there was no one. She sighed in relief and rang the doorbell.
Thank you for reading this...