Chapter 12: Raindrops

Izaya's POV:
Izaya stares out the window. He thought about what Shizuo just asked. "Heh. Of course not. I'm still the scum bag you know and hate." Izaya said with a smirk. Shizuo grunted in response. "Yeah. Whatever." He replied with.
Third Person POV:
They stood their together in silence. Izaya began to lean on the tall blond monster. The monster said nothing in response. Perhaps he was okay with this?
The silence was broken when the fake blond spoke. "It looks like it going to rain." He said rather calmly. Izaya only made an 'mmm' noise in response. Before long the rain started to drip down to the earth from the sky. What once seemed like a happy city soon became gloomy and grey.
It didn't take long after that for Shizuo to loose interest. He simply turned away and walked to the couch. He leaned back into the couch. The monster seemed to enjoy this peace. The only noises was the pitter patter of rain drops hitting their apartment.
As for the raven male he continued staring outside. For his precious humans were scurrying like rats for shelter from the storm. The storm seemed to be brewing more and more. Much like Shizuo, Izaya soon lost interest in watching his humans. What a strange thing. The fact the infamous Izaya Orihara stepping away from his humans.
The info broker walked away from that window and into the bedroom he deemed as his own, even though both him and Shizuo slept there. He sat on the bed and just stared at the ceiling. This whole situation gave him time to think over everything. Maybe that wasn't a great thing.. Did that matter at this point though? He still had a long way to go until he could reach his so called freedom.
The air seemed to be at a stand still. Off in the distance the storm brought lightning and thunder. A question reappeared in the informats head. 'Is there anything you want to do when you get out'. Of course there was; he was the most scummy person in Ikebukuro but did he really need that? Everything at once flooded back into his head. All the humans he 'loved' and how he hurt them so. How he stalked and terrorized their daily life. 'I love them and they should in turn love me' is what he always reassured himself with, but could he really believe those words? Not even he knew.
Humans showed love in many different and strange ways. Izaya brought harm upon his humans he always deemed that his way of loving them. At this point even he began to question this way. Of course in Izaya's twisted head he couldn't find another way fit to show love. How would he anyway? Did anyone ever show him how to properly show affections and love? Of course he always watched others do this but watching and doing are two very different things. It was a simple fact of not experiencing "love" properly.
The raven male closed his eyes. He replayed memories of star-crossed lovers. Was that really "love"? The cheating, the lying, the false statements? Of course it wasn't. That was simply an entertaining game all humans did with their "lovers". That was the thing though. Never did he think about the ones who had a healthy loving relationship. He only thought of the ones who entertained him most, the ones who really didn't love each other. That's what love between his humans were. It was toxicity for them but a game for him.
'Why couldn't be nicer?' A small voice inside him spoke. It jabbed his heart causing a sharp pain. He hissed at the question and called it foolish. How could love be "nicer". It was all just a game. Nothing more nothing less. If someone were to ever love him like that he would play with their heart. He was the one who would make a pure love falter anytime a pure love was given to him. Of course he did not see it as a pure love. The young man simply had high walls in order to protect his fragile heart.
No one would ever hurt him. How could they? No one had the time to break through those walls. No one gave a damn about what would even happen to that info broker.
Without even knowing it he was breaking his own walls in order to hurt his heart. He laid down on the bed with his eyes closed and hands grabbing the shirt over his chest. It hurt like a needle poking his heart. He didn't understand why. The raven man was cracking his own heart with these thoughts. Before long a beautiful crystal clear tear fell from his cheeks. He didn't even seem to notice the tear. His mind was captivated by his thoughts and the aching pain in his chest.
From the living room Shizuo indulged in his wonderful silence. It was so peaceful. Had he ever been at more peace? Although thoughts and curiosity of what the flea was doing entered his mind. "Izaya?" He asked turning around to look at the empty window. He'd been quiet for quite some time now. A low growl became present in the fake blond's throat. 'What the hell is he planning?!' His thoughts screamed.
Without another thought the man stood up and walked around the house. He tried to stay silent as he did so, so that if Izaya was up to something horrible he would be surprised by Shizuo's sudden interruption. Eventually the beast of a man made it to their bedroom. He slowly opened the door and stood their in complete shock. 'Was he crying?' He asked himself.
At first the sight of Izaya crying made his blood boil. What right did this man have to cry!? The raven male had every right to cry but the monster didn't see it like that, well at least not at first. He didn't seem to be faking it. It all seemed so real, but why? Shizuo stares at him and let his nerves calm themselves. He had to see Izaya as a person before he spoke. If the flea really was hurting and he really was crying as soon as Shizuo would show his normal agression things would more that likely end horribly for the both of them. There was also the straight fact of the beastly man being genuinely curious as to why this stone cold man was crying. Maybe even a hint of empathy towards him? When you thought about it. Were these two really that different? One of them was a feared beast that was never really seen as human to most people. While the other was only seen as a scumbag and social outcast.
Shizuo took a deep breath before making his presence known. "Izaya, are you crying?" He asked in a soft tone.
WELP HOPE YOU ENJOYED! HahHaha hope this helps your boredom! I apologize for not reaching my goal of when I was going to release it but phew it's out now so that's good! Of course special thanks to @junha2007 for helping me branch with this idea. I really liked the nightmare idea. And as always I had to give it my own twist ;) hope it pleased all of you! Goodbye my lovely's!!