Ch.19

The Chamber

Harry's pov:

I pointed my wand at the fool before me glaring at him. Ron doing the same kicked the dropped wand under the desk. "Let's go to the bathroom we have a feeling we'll get our answers there"

We went to the bathroom I was leading the way Gilderoy walked behind me and Ron right behind him with his wand against his back so he won't run away. We reach the bathroom hearing Moaning Myrtle well moan.

She gasped asking who's there I speak up letting her know it's us. "What do you want?"

"To ask you... how you died"

"Oh....it was dreadful it happened right here in the very cubicle. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses, I was crying and then I heard somebody come in"

"Who was it, Myrtle?" I asked she sobbed quietly still floating over the cubicle she died in.

"I don't know. I was distraught! But they said something funny, a kind of made-up language and I realized it was a boy, so I unlocked the door to tell him to go away....and I died"

"Just like that? How?"

"I just remember seeing a pair of great, big, yellow eyes...over there"

She shifts her eyes at the sinks, I turn to it inspecting the connected sinks. I touched the lines connecting them then I turned the knob expecting water to pour out but as I thought nothing. I felt the faucet finding a carving of a snake and that made it official.

"This is it, Ron. I think this is the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets"

I back up to Ron's side he just looks at the sinks then to me, "Say something. Harry, say something in Parseltongue."

I don't know what to say except 'open' so I did. I spoke in parseltongue saying open and we heard a click, the top of the sinks floated up and the sinks opened moving forward. The sink in front of us went down and a platform came out closing over it. There was a wide dark hole in the middle of the whole thing.

I looked at Ron getting excited."Excellent, Harry good work well then I'll just be um...no need for me to stay!"

Gilderoy tried pushing past us but Ron and I stopped him pushing him towards the hole. He grabs the edges looking between us, "Oh yes there is! You go in first"

"Now boys what good will it do?"

"Better you than us"

"But..obviously yes"

He turns around peeking over the hole he turns to us with a scared look asking if we want to test it first. I guess Ron knew what I was thinking as he pushed Gilderoy down the hole. He yelled thumping onto the ground, we waited for him to tell us it's okay and all he said was that it was filthy.

"Alright let's go"

"Oh Harry if you die down there you're welcome to share my toilet"

"Uh thanks, Mrytle"

I jumped in second it was like a slide only dirty. Ron's screams echoed through the tunnel almost leaving me deaf as we slide out crashing in the muck.

I pointed my wand at Gilderoy his clothes were all dirty trying his best to clean himself. Ron fell next to me standing up immediately taking in the horrific scent and the bones we were all stepping on.

"Now remember any sign of movement, close your eyes straight away"

I went threw the first tunnel behind me Ron rushed Gilderoy to hurry we honestly didn't think much of what we were going to do once we got in but surely it won't take us long to find them, right?

We came across some large dried out thing in the tunnel that looked like a cave.

"What is that?"

"It looks like a snake"

"It's a snakes skin"

"Bloody hell whatever shed this must be 60 feet long or more"

I hear a drop behind me worried that the monster got Ron too. So I looked back but it was just Gilderoy on the ground, fainted. My worries disappear turning to disappointment this man fainted at the sight of shredded snake skin imagine him in an actual battle.

"Heart of a lion, this one"

Ron was about to kick him but Gilderoy got up swiping Ron's broken wand pointing at us chuckling, "The adventure ends here, boys. But don't fret the people will know our story. How I was too late to save the girls. How you two tragically lost your minds at the sight of their mangled bodies so. You first Mr.Potter say goodbye to your memories. Obliviate!"

Gilderoy's spell backfired throwing him on the wall of the cave. The ceiling broke down blocking the exit, I fell covering my head for any impact luckily nothing did fall on me.

"Harry?!"

"Ron! Ron are you okay?"

"I'm fine"

I can hear a groan and a conversation going on. I couldn't see much so I just listened, "Lockhart's Memory Charm backfired he hasn't got a clue who he is"

"It's an odd sort of place, isn't it? Do you live here?"

"No"

I heard a thud and a drop I'm assuming Ron knocked him out, "What do I do?"

"You wait here and try to shift some of these rocks so we can get back through. I'll go on and try to find the girls"

"Okay"

I go on with the tunnel finding a volt with snakes on it I point my wand at the door speaking in parseltongue. One by one the snakes on the door pulled back letting a snake slither through opening up. I let the door open slowly on its own still pointing my wand forward.

I go in climbing down on the metal ladder taking in what's around me. Statues of snakes lined up the area to a larger area in the back. I carefully walk further keeping an eye out for any suspicious activity. From a distance, I see a body lying still I squint my eyes realizing it's Ginny!

I quickly run up to her dropping down to my knees shaking her shoulder trying to wake her up, "Ginny! Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up. Please wake up"

I shook her some more not getting any reaction. "She won't wake"

I turn to the sudden voice. It was Tom but how?

"Tom? Tom riddle what do you mean, she won't wake? She's not--"

"She's still alive but only just"

"Are you a ghost?"

"A memory preserved in a diary for 50 years"

I look down at Ginny touching her hand just like Hermione's it was stone cold, "Shes as cold as ice. Ginny, please don't be dead. Tom you've got to help me I need to get Ginny out of here and find (Y/n), there's a basilisk-"

"It won't come until it's called and as for (Y/n), my darling Heir of Slytherin, don't worry about her"