Chapter 13

Chapter 13: The Country Where the Hero Existed

Since Makoto and Sakura finish the tree climbing exercise, they were to guard Tazuna and his men while they continue with the bridge construction.

Sakura was just sitting near the rail. Makoto was bored so she decided to help carry the lumber for them. She can carry the lumber with no problem at all which usually acquire at least 2 men to carry.

"Okay, boys, where does the lumber go?" Makoto asked.

The men look a Makoto with surprise expression.

"What? Just because I'm a ninja doesn't mean I lack strength," Makoto said.

"They're just surprise you can carry a lumber by yourself, for a girl," Tazuna answer for his men.

"I may be 12 and a girl, but that doesn't mean I can't carry heavy stuff. Now, where does this go?" Makoto said.

"Over there," Tazuna replied.

Sakura yawn.

"You look bored by yourself. Where is that blonde kid and that arrogant guy?" Tazuna said.

"They're training with a tree climbing exercise," Sakura replied.

"What about you?" Tazuna asked.

"I'm smart, so Kakashi-sensei told me to guard you," Sakura reply.

"Really?" Tazuna asked, didn't somehow seem convince.

A vein appears on Sakura's head. 'Why you...'

"And you, kid?" Tazuna asked Makoto.

"I've already complete the training a few years ago," Makoto replied.

Tazuna looks like he didn't want to believe Makoto's word but he buys it anyway.

Then one of the workers walks up to Tazuna. "May I have a word with you, Tazuna?"

Tazuna walk up to the worker who wants to have a talk. "What is it, Giichi?"

"Well, after thinking about it...Can I quit this bridge building?" the worker, Giichi, said.

Tazuna was in shock. "W-why all of a sudden!? Not you, too..."

"Tazuna, I've known you for a long time. I want to help, but if I get too involved, Gato will come after me, too. Everything will lose meaning if you die. Why don't we stop building this bridge?" Giichi said , ready to give up.

Tazuna didn't want to give up everything he has done to get where is. "I can't do that. This bridge is our bridge. This is the bridge that we've been building with the people of the town in the hopes that distribution and transportation will increase to this poor Country of the Wave, which possesses few resources."

"But if we die..." Giichi still wants to give up.

"It's already lunch time. Let's stop for now." Tazuna walk away but Giichi stops him.

"Tazuna!"

"Giichi, you don't have to come tomorrow."

After work, Tazuna decided to go shopping, and Makoto and Sakura go with him.

"Hey, where are we going?" Sakura asked.

 "I've been asked to buy the ingredients for tonight's dinner," Tazuna replied.

The street wasn't like Konoha at all. There were kids on the street with poor status. Soon, Tazuna and the girls arrive at a store.

"This is it," Tazuna said.