𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃𝐒

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍

𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

AZUCHIーMOMOYAMA PERIOD ( 1568ー1600 )

so this is the final phase of the sengoku period ( there was a war and power struggle if that mf demons bond otome game was right ) and the book will be set in place near the end of this period. that saying this was before tokyo was even tokyo. tokyo's former name was edo, and it wasn't even the capital of japan ; kyoto was ( hence people say 'old capital' ).

this was also classified as the heian-kyo era and azuchi era (? i think?) anyways during this time this guy oda nobunaga and his two guys toyotomi hideyoshi (who was his successor) and tokugawa ieyasu unified all of the japanese provinces under the government but oh shit this toyotomi guy died.

HIERARCHY

so obviously the top is the emperor of japan, shogunate, feudal lords, people that serve the lords, peasants, poor people, probably us because we're all broke but iykyk.

SHOGUNATE

the shogunate ( shogun ) is the military leader of the country. during this time there's a power struggle between the toyotomi family and the tokugawa family. there's a big reason to why once the story gets going but yeah.

FEUDAL LORDS ( DAIMYOS )

these people are litterally land owners. they own a part of japan and are one of the top nobles in the kagu ( dw abt this ). they're treated like royalty ( third under the shogun and the emperor ofc ). so around this time theres honourifics like ;

hime ー princess ( but since they're nobles it's a sort of figure of speech ? they add that after the family name or given depending on your status or relationship with the person )
owaka ー young miss
waka ー young master

MARRIAGE

back in japan, since ancient times marriage has always been a big part of the hierarchy. you do not marry for love. it was quite rare to have a couple that marries in the name of love, unless it benefited both households it can be arranged.

especially marriage between noble households was always a political act and most of the times the wives just bear a son to continue the lineage. the men of the household even have concubines sometimes. lower classes have more free will on who to marry, but even then the head would always be the one to choose who their daugther/son marries.

YOKAI / AYAKASHI

a lot may already know about this but yokai/ayakashi are the japanese folklore demons of japan. they haunt, scare, devour ect. there are many different types of demons varying from inanimate umbrella yokai to crow winged yokai of mt. kurama. i will be going back to back on these two words because the kind varies.

EXORCIST ( ONMYOJI )

if y'all watched blue exorcist, twin star exorcist or even nurarihyon no mago or know about them in general, these are people that fight off demons. in this book the keikain family is the main family in charge if yokai attacks.

ABE NO SEIMEI / NUE

well time to twist panties this guy is an omniyoji and yokai! his mother was a fox yokai ( kitsune ) while his father was a very famous onmyoji.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

this shi lowkey hurting
my singular brauncell

© DAISEUKIS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬