Chapter 2

Quinn had finally reached the room she was supposed to be staying in. She opened the door and waltzed right in. Easily spotting the short haired blonde sprawled out on a bed, Quinn directed herself to the small bed on the other side of the room. 

"And who the hell are you?" The blonde spoke up. 

Quinn cast a glance over her shoulder and saw that her new roommate was smirking at her. She let her bag drop onto the bed and turned around with a wide smile. "Quinn James." She said, extending her hand. 

The blonde took her hand, but didn't shake it. She used it to pull Quinn towards her until they were chest to chest. "Amar Langston, but you can call me anytime." Amar said with a wink. 

Quinn rolled her eyes at the lame pick up joke, but her smile still held, showing her amusement. "You'll have to try harder than that, Anytime." She responded, teasing the taller girl. 

Quinn wasn't necessarily short, being five foot seven fairly average, but Amar still outreached her by at least two inches. 

"Feisty, I like it." Amar said as Quinn went back to her own side of the room to start unpacking her things. 

"I was told you've been here for a while. How long would that be?" Quinn asked over her shoulder while putting her clothes into the small dresser she had. She wasn't allowed to bring much with her right away, but more of her stuff would be sent through the mail. 

"Ninth grade, so threeish years." Amar said. She had resumed her earlier position of laying on her bed. 

Quinn turned to look at her, her eyebrows elevated slightly. "Ninth grade? Really? What'd ya do?" She asked. 

"Got into the wrong crowd." Was the simple answer she received. 

Quinn quirked one brow up in an unbelieving expression. "In ninth grade?" She questioned. She wasn't buying. 

"I was a pretty bad ass ninth grader." Amar said with a smirk. Halfway through her remark, the door had opened and two girls wondered into the room. 

One was Quinn's height, probably five seven as well. She had strawberry blond hair and big brown eyes. The second was a few inches taller than the first. Her black hair was pulled back in a messy pony tail and her grey eyes flittered around the room before landing on Quinn with a smile. 

"Drug addiction isn't bad ass." The first girl said in a monotone voice. 

The second brought her elbow to the other girl's ribs. "Be nice Sammy." She scolded. The other girl just glared. 

The black haired girl returned her attention to Quinn. "Hi I'm Ivy. This is Sam, don't mind her, she's a bit blunt." She introduced albeit nervously. 

Quinn just smiled in return, one of the only things she really knew to do in a social situation. "Quinn." She said back. 

"Nice to meet you Quinn. You're a newbie right? What grade?" Ivy said, taking a seat on Amar's bed. 

"I'm laying here!" Amar said as Ivy and Sam both moved her legs. 

Quinn giggled slightly at the display. "I'm a junior." She answered. 

"Oh cool, we're all seniors. One more year then we're out of here." Ivy explained with a dreamy look in her eyes. 

Quinn sat down on her own bed, her eyebrows furrowed. "Is it really that bad here?" She asked. She had been trying to make light of the situation, joking around and making a few friends, but deep down she was terrified. The Institute wasn't a kind place to young girls.