seen (part 2)

"Dad, what do we do?" You asked curiously and anxious as Rick grabbed your arm tightly and held you by his side. Walkers snarling at you made your dad more and more worried on where to go.

"Come on, come on." Rick led you over to the barn that was earlier filled with a ton of walkers Hershel thought he could save.

Running away from the herd, you glanced over at the house, knowing the group is in there, calm and collected.

"We have to go get them." You hesitated to walk into the barn but you were already in by Rick pushing you in. He grabbed a pitch fork and held the door with it.

"They will figure it out, Y/N. Go up there and I'll hold them off." Rick pushed you again away from the door but you stood your ground.

"You're crazy if you think I'll letting you handle all of these walkers." You shot at Rick and immediately you thought of an idea. "There is an opening on the other side, we'll sneak out." You climbed the ladder, following Rick by your side.

Rick squeezes in first to see if it was clear and you immediately see his bloody hands reach for yours but you didn't care. You grabbed it, having Shane blood on your hands too. He grabbed your hips and pulled you out of the opening. You suddenly feel a walker grab your shoulder lightly but you pushed it away roughly.

Rick quickly lit a match and set the barn on fire so the walkers would lead there to be distracted.

"Let's go." Rick tugged on you and you follow him to the house. All of a sudden, you see a RV that was being over run by the herd. It was a great distraction for you and Rick to get away but you heard screaming from inside. You winced and sighed heavily knowing it was Jimmy being eaten by walkers.

"Shit." You huffed as you were falling behind from Rick. You glanced up, seeing that the house was being over run and your people were scattering to get away.

"Dad-" You caught up to Rick and ran passed him, having him grab your waist to stop you from killing yourself. You knew if you ran in there, you would die in an instant. You didn't want to do that to Lori or Carl.

"We can't just leave them." You hushed but in a harsh tone.

"They're strong. They'll meet us where we left Sophias goods." Rick harshly told you but you knew he was scared. You glanced at him, worried and glanced over to the house which was already overrun.

"Fine, okay." You two then ran away from the herd and to the car that Hershel let you have to make runs for goods.

All of a sudden, you hear a gunshot from the house. You turned back from Rick who had your hand in his and you couldn't just leave Hershel there who was fighting to keep his farm alive.

"Dad, Hershel." You pushes your hand away from Ricks and rushed over to Hershel. Killing walkers one by one to get to him, you hear Rick behind you, helping you.

"Hershel, lets go!" You yelled at him, angry. "Your farm is done, gone!" You harshly yelled at him. Hershel just stood there, shooting walkers down one by one.

"Hershel!" You screamed. You pushed down a walker that was coming at Hershel and grabbed his hand while Rick was watching your back. Hershel glanced at you, scared and weary to go with you. Luckily, Hershel made the correct choice and settled down the gun. He then followed you and Rick to the car as you were stabbing walkers that were in your way.

You sat shotgun as Hershel was in the back with Rick driving. You looked back at Hershel who was just devastated that his farm was immediately lost.

"Mom and Carl better of had gotten out of there." You angrily told Rick. You sighed heavily and ran your hands through your hair in stress.

"They're strong. They will meet us at the spot." Rick simply told you to calm you down.

"I know, but-" You grunted. "I need to see it."

"I know." Rick grabbed your neck in comfort as he was driving to safely.

**

As daytime rolled around, you kept on looking forward to see if you saw any sign of Lori or Carl, anyone. You glanced over at your dad who looked exhausted and you spoke quietly, keeping in mind Hershel was sleeping in the back seat.

"Let me drive, you looked exhausted." You offered him.

"No, you should get some rest." He demands you, not taking an eye off the road.

"Come on, dad-" You sighed, leaning your head back on the seat. There was a lot you and him had to talk about, though.

"What happened?" You randomly asked him, knowing he knew what you were talking about.

"Shane, he-" Rick shook his head in disappointment, "He wasn't Shane anymore." Rick finished.

"I know." You simply tell him. "He seemed like he was infected but worse." You acknowledged. "I don't think of you any different, dad. I know you had to do what you had to do." You nodded to him.

Rick glanced at you finally with teared eyes. Rick just looked at you, no facial expression. He placed his hands on the back of your head to warm you and you grabbed his hand tightly to comfort him.

No words came out of his mouth, but you knew he appreciated what you said. You were glad that you knew that he was alive but you weren't going to stop looking for your family.