Summary

"Who would have thought the person who could irritate you to the brink of insanity could be the same person to cause all those butterflies in your stomach?" 

It's true when they say everything could come crashing down in one second. That your world could be turned upside down all because of a walking, breathing entity of inexplicable mystery. 

Rosalie Edwards discovered that when she witnessed Theodore Miller's death the day after her 11th birthday. And when her dad died a year later because of pancreatic cancer.

Her mother was capable of crumbling apart any second, but stayed strong for her children, Rosalie was the one holding her family together, including her little brother. But away from home, she had a reputation to keep. Straight A Honor Roll Student. Although she doesn't know how in the hell she's passing Honors Calculus. Voted most likely to be her class's valedictorian. Although that was one of her best friends' dream. Popular. Although she didn't care for the extra attention, and it was mostly because her other best friend was a cheerleader.

But that didn't change the sympathetic glances she got down the hallways, some for her dad, and some for being at the crime scene where it all happened. In the slightly small town of Crestwood, Theodore Miller's death was just a devastatingly fond memory. It's been 6 years since it happened. 6 years since she last saw him.