Chapter 2: An Unexpected Guest

After a few months from the first encounter, Amber was still trying to figure out what was in the castle. She had some lessons with Albert, but they didn't get along that well during those awkward and quiet times. Amber thought that he didn't like her being around the castle or even being the Princess of Stien. He didn't really like the fact that a commoner has become part of the royal family since they didn't know what they were doing. The short female with brown hair was exploring the castle before she had to go take some lessons with the king's advisor. She sighs as she watches the time pass on the clock before heading over to the room where they always met for lessons. Albert was running a bit late since he had to take care of something with the knights' training. Amber was in the well-lighten room, looking at the books on the shelves since she had to read some of the books. She sat down on a comfy chair and started reading about the neighboring kingdom, Wysteria. She didn't know much about the neighboring kingdom, so she had to read about it for a bit since Albert hasn't taught her yet about the kingdoms. She places the book down then sat in her usual spot where she studies and learns. Albert came in then close the door behind him, "Sorry that I'm late, Amber...I had some things to take care of." 

"No no, it's okay. I understand" Amber gently replied to him.

"Now let's get started with the lesson. Today we will be learning about our neighboring kingdom, Wysteria. First of all, do you know anything about their kingdom?" Albert said in a serious tone as he sat down across from her.  

"Well, I know, that if they didn't have the next royal bloodline ready to take the throne. They have a princess elect. Am I right?"

"Good...good, princess that you know that. Anything else?" He was a bit curious about what did Amber know about the kingdom. 

Amber put her hand on her chin then said, "They have a duke called Louis and the princess elect right now is Scarlett. That's all I know so far."

The brown-haired male nodded as he looks at her, "Now, let's start the lesson." Amber nodded as she was ready to listen to what he had to say about Wysteria. The male started talking about how the kingdom was run, how the people were, and who were the main important people in the castle. Amber had to remember almost about everything since Albert usually quiz her at the end of each lesson to see what did she heard. The female nodded as she wrote down some key things to remember. Albert took out a book then give it to her and the book was more about Wysteria if she wanted to know more then he told her. She was surprised that he gives her the book, so she took it. 

Albert fixes his glasses then look at the female who was sitting across from him, "That's the end of the lesson. I'm not going to quiz you this time since I'm running on a tight schedule."

Amber looked up at him then said, "Okay, that's fine. You should probably get going now. I don't want you to be late, now."

"I'll be taking my leave now. Ask one of the servants for help or if you need anything." He answered her then stood up, heading towards the door then exiting the room. 

Amber waited until she heard the doors closes after him then sighs softly. She heard his footsteps walking away from the door and down the hallway. She thought, 'Maybe he's just cold to me. I am different anyway.'  The brown-haired female stood up to exited the room before somebody burst into the room. She didn't hear any footsteps when she was by the door, but end up hiding behind the door. She heard a male voice coming from the stranger who entered the room, "Where's Albert? Geez making me run around huh...Byron needs you to help him make a decision." The stranger exited the room then quickly ran down the hallway to look for him. Amber was scared that they would find her, but luckily they didn't. She got out of her hiding spot then walk up the hallway, going to her room to set her things down before exploring the castle some more. Amber entered her room then place the notebook and book down onto the desk. She stared outside her window, seeing Albert walking with a slightly taller male then he was. The male was probably an inch taller then Albert was. The female hasn't met anyone else who was working with her father, Bryon and she hasn't seen him for a while now except during breakfast and dinner. She knew that he was too busy with his duties around this time of year since there will be parties or even meetings with the kingdoms. She exited her room to go explore some more parts of the castle and she had to familiarize herself with the place since she will be living here for the rest of her life.