Payback Hurts- Chapter 8: I Will Always Love You

Hey, here's the next chapter! I hope everyone enjoys it! :)

**********************************************************************************************

After Dylan left, I laid back and thought to myself. He did look for me... Did that mean that he cared? And would he truly care for me from now on? But why would that matter? I have Victor....

Did he even want to be with me anymore? He just found out that my mate was the Alpha of the pack that we are supposed to be helping.

I didn't even get a full minute to myself when Alvin walked into the room. "Hey," He said. "How are you feeling?" I shrugged.

"I feel fine, a little tired, but I'll live, you?"

"I'm fine. You had scared the shit outta me, Cassie. Do you know how bad I was scared?"

"Yeah, I heard you calling my name like a little bitch when I started to see black." We both stared at each other for a full minute before bursting into laughter. Suddenly, I was taken into a bear hug, getting the life squeaked out of me.

"You really scared me, Cassie, please don't ever do that to me again." I squeezed him back tighter.

"I won't. I promise."

"Good 'cause I'll beat the holy shi-" He started, but I punched him in the face before he could finish. I laughed when he held his face and began to fake cry. I grabbed his head and held him to my chest.

"Hush little baby don't say a word, mama's going to buy you a mockingbird..." I sang, holding him to my chest. This was...

"Can't breathe... Need... Air!" He cried out. I burst into laughter and let him go, as soon as I let him go he began to gasp for air. He held his throat and began to breathe heavily. "Were you trying to kill me?!?"

I shrugged, looking at him as if he was a different language. "What?" He repeated himself and every time he I'd say what. After the third time, he grabbed a pillow and put it on my head. "Die..." He grumbled as I laughed into the pillow at his weak attempt to kill me with the pillow.

He let the pillow up and I continued to laugh. After a while of laughing, Alvin joined in and we both laughed together. I loved being like this with Alvin. When we weren't working and just laughing... It was nice and I enjoyed it. It seemed like it had been years since we had, had a moment like this together. Though, our kickback moment was short lived as soon as Victor walked into the room.

He cleared his throat and both Alvin and I stopped laughing. "Um... Alvin, the members of the pack are here. I'd like a moment with Cassie before I head out." He said. Head out? What did he mean, 'Head out'? Alvin nodded his head and made his way out of the room, as soon as he was out, Victor made his way over to the side of the bed where Alvin was sitting before he left.

We sat like this for a while. Just sitting quietly. I decided to break the silence first. Deciding to say something that's me eating at me since Alvin left the room.

"What do you mean before you head out?" I asked, quietly, afraid of his response. He looked at me, tears in his eyes.

"You know that I love you right?" He asked. I nodded. "I want to hear you say it."

"I love you." He nodded his head as if to assure himself of what I had said. Why would he need to do that? Of course, I love him. At that moment he looked at me dead in the face, the tears that were forming in his eyes finally spilling over.

"I'm-I'm ending it." He said.

"Ending what?" I asked he squeezed his eyes shut and put his fist to his face. He began to breathe hard. I could tell that by the way, his body was shaking that he crying harder. I reached out to him, touching his back, but as soon as I did, he flinched away. I felt hurt and crushed. I was beginning to feel that feeling I got when Dylan... When Dylan rejected me. He looked back up at me.