"Come over here and make me"

This is my first Tangled fanfic so bear with me. (It's a little saucy)

P.S. Any science here is complete technobabble and not accurate at all. Do not attempt at home.

"I don't care what you call it, any fire extinguisher that catches fire, is no good!"

"Hey," Varian attempted to defend himself, "first of all, it was less fire than my last experiment, which is a definite improvement. And second of all, it was a fire retransmogrifier." He crossed his arms with a huff, annoyed that you were insulting his invention.

You laughed, Varian looked like an angry kitten. But standing there in a chemical stained apron, and a shirt full of burns and patches, he was still the best thing this side of Corona.

"Maybe if you add more water?" You said reaching around him to move a couple of the beakers on his work table. Your chin rested on his shoulder as you worked, and you felt him tense up for a moment before relaxing. "That could dilute the flammable properties and make it safer."

"No, no, no." Varian grabbed your wrist, his glove was soft and warm against your skin. "That'll dilute the other chemicals too much, it won't be able to put a fire out at all."

It was your turn to huff and step away, Varian could be very peculiar about his inventions at the best of times and when he was under stress well...it was best to leave him alone. He was moving in a flurry now, muttering to himself as he worked. Pouring in beakers from all over the color spectrum until his experiment had turned a dark muddy brown.

"Hey." You touched his arm softly and he barely glanced at you. You tried again a little louder, "Hey!"

Varian paused. You slid your hand up his arm, and he shivered. "Just take a break for a couple of hours. This'll still be here when you get back and you'll have a clear head."

"No. I have to finish this. I'm close, I know it."

You sighed. "Var..."

Drastic times call for drastic measures.

Quick as a flash, while Varian paused to pat out a flame on his sleeve, you grabbed the brown beaker. Its contents sloshed ominously, but at least it didn't catch fire, this time. Being a good few inches taller than Varian he couldn't reach the vial as you held it over your head.

"Come on, (Y/N). Give it back." He tried to look angry, but it failed miserably as he smiled.

"Come over here and make~" You winked as he looked at you. You could practically hear the gears turning in his head, debating whether or not to play your little game.

"Is that it? Have I outsmarted the big bad alchemist?" You threw the taunt at him, knowing it was the quickest way to get him to play.

He walked closer until you were nearly nose to nose. His gaze was steady on your eyes, and then he did something unexpected. He brought his face closer to yours until your lips brushed against each other. Your breath hitched and your brain short-circuited. You closed your eyes, anticipating what might come next.

He backed up, only then did you notice that your hand was empty. 

"H-hey," you spluttered lamely. "You can't just do that."

"Do what?" He blinked at you innocently, a playful glint in his eyes.

He set the beaker down as you approached, his smirk only widening. You tackled him, arms around, and lips meshing softly. His arms wrapped around you just as fiercely. The beaker sat there long forgotten for hours.