Chapter 6

George had locked me in a grand bedroom. I didn't pay too much attention to the details. It all looks the same. A room fit for royalty. I laid on the bed and cried. How could that monster have killed him? He was my friend. I wanted to grab the key and wish for him to come back. But I knew it wasn't possible. My body just wanted to lay here and surrender to my fate. Once I got back home, George will be my husband. He'll bring me back here to finish destroying everything magical about this place. My mind couldn't bear to picture how this place would look after he redecorated it. I slowly sat up. It felt like all the energy was being drained out of me. I dragged my body out of bed and over to the mirror.

   Gazing at my reflection, the blue dress was now covered in black from the smoke. My face was dirty and red from crying. My sad eyes just stared deeply into the mirror. The mirror suddenly began to glow. As I backed away, an image appeared. It was of the jail cell. April was curled up in a corner crying. Sam was in a corner opposite of her, depressed. His face looked like he was ready to give up. Before I could speak, a voice came from the mirror.

Is this what you really want? You want everyone to feel hopeless? To give up? Fight Clara! Call on your allies!

My allies? Who could I possibly call on the help me? My mind thought of the sweet fairy. She helped me before. I'm sure she would be glad to help again. I closed my eyes as my hand grabbed the key. "I need you again. Please hear my call." I slowly opened my eyes. All I could see in the mirror now was my reflection. Tears fell as I took in a deep breath. Maybe she can't hear me? A small pink light started glowing behind me. I turned around. The sweet fairy was there, smiling at me. She had a couple of friends with her. "I need your help." She smiled and nodded. "April and Sam are trapped in the dungeon." The fairies squeaked to each other, then rushed over to the door. I used my body to block them from leaving! "It's not safe for me! He will spot me." All three of them had a small meeting with themselves. Then turned towards me and threw pink dust at me. They danced in a circle around me. As the dust hit me, I shrunk to their size.  The leader flew up to me. "Where is Eric? You didn't mention that he was in the dungeon as well."

"Ellie." The other fairy spoke up. Ellie held up her hand. I dropped my head. "He... was burned alive." Tears ran down my face. 

Ellie looked away from me. "No tears. We need to save our Princess." She looked back at the two girls. "Caramel and Ally stay with Clara. I will follow ahead and be the look out. They both nodded. I turned to the door and held out my key. A small door was made. I opened it up and walked out. The fairies flew above me. "Where's the dungeon?" Ellie whispered. I pointed in front of us. As they flew away, my mind started thinking of a tune. I remembered it well. Without even realizing, I was dancing instead of walking. My legs leaped in the air and were twirling around in a circle. Faster and faster, I spun. My heart was beginning to fill with joy. Dancing always lifted my spirits up. As we made it to the stairs. Ally picked me up and flew me to the bottom. As she set me on my feet. I lifted my leg in the air and twirled in a circle. We had made it back to the goblins. Ellie was about to charge in front of them. I quickly ran and jumped into sight. They both noticed me on the ground. I started dancing around the floor like a ballerina. They were both hypnotized by my dance. I got on my tip toes and twirled.

     Two loud thuds could be heard. When I turned around, they were both on the ground and the door was wide open. Caramel picked me up and carried me down to the dungeon. Ellie grabbed the keys off the wall and flew towards the last cell. I sprinted and leaped towards the end of the dungeon. Twirling around in a circle. This has gone a lot smoother than I expected it to. Once I got to the last cell. Pink dust was sprinkled around me. As I grew to my normal height, I took the keys from Ellie. April quickly stood up. "Clara! You found the sweet fairies!" Her face was full of hope.