lost

While the cricket match was still going on, Georgiana and Charlotte crept away. As they ran into town, they were suddenly pulled into a carriage.

After Mrs. Griffith confessed to Sidney that she had lost Georgina again, they looked for her and Miss Heywood everywhere. He was disappointed by both and in great sorrow when Mr Stringer came to him with Miss Heywood's purse.

Half an hour later, Sidney sat on the back of his horse heading for London. In his pocket was Charlottes purse. He had a very bad feeling.

Arrived at London in a strange house, the young women were seperated.

Charlotte was locked in a tiny room with a lot of dresses, when you could name it like that. They all where made of thin material, transparent, with feathers and sparkling stones. There where also shoes, a drewer and a dressing table. She rummaged through the drawers, searching for any kind of pointed object to break the door open. Charlotte was scared at the door open abruptly and an older woman came in.

She looked her up and down, smiled a smugly smile and said to the man by her side to wait outside. She closed the door and stepped closer. She hold Charlottes chin and turned her face in every direction, noded and told her to take off her coat.

„Where is Georgina? Who are you?" Charlotte asked instead.

„I am Mrs. Harris. That's the only thing you have to know."

Fear creeped in Charlotte, a cold hand cought her heart and she had a very bad feeling in her stomach. The older woman laughed, strummed with her braclets and ordered Charlotte to take off her coat.

„No." Charlotte said, her heart was beating faster.

„So, I could bring the young man inside, I assure you, he will bring you to take off your coat." Tears welled up in Charlottes eyes and she unbottened her coat. To her luck Mrs. Harris noded with a broad smile and left the room without saying anything else.

Charlotte had read of such things in books, she never had thought it would happen in real life. Where was Georgiana? How could she be sure that she was alright? Her panic for her friend mixed with the concern of her own secure. What would happen next?

Sidney was in the coach on his way to his next stop. After he had found out that Otis' was with the 'Sons of Africa', and learned by him who was behind the abduction. He was now on his way to Mrs. Harris. His concern for Georgina and Charlotte led Sidney almost go insane when the carriage finally stopped at the boarding house.

„Oh Mr. Parker, we didn't see you for a while..." Mrs. Harris greeting him.

„I am not here for that." The last time he was there were months ago, but seemingly she remembered him.

„Where is Miss Lambe and Miss Heywood?"

„I don't know anybody with this names." She left the room, Sidney followed her.

„Miss Lambe is my ward you have to tell me!" he shouts. Fortunately she told him, what was happened to Georgina.

„Is Miss Heywood with her?"

„Miss Heywood? I never...."

„Tell me!"

They were interrupted by a screaming man approaching them with a bleeding nose, he shouted to Mrs. Harris.

"I wanted a virgin, not a fury!"

The rest Sidney didn't hear anymore, he was in this room faster than he could think. His blood was rushing in his ear. When he saw Charlotte, a cold pain stabbed his heart.