moment 3

a/n: this fic was originally a one-shot that i wrote years ago. please enjoy this new, edited version ❤️

----------

Kihyun knows very well that he shouldn't find this situation funny, that he shouldn't find it cute, but the truth is that when Hoseok is angry at him like he is right now, Hoseok's just too damn adorable for his own good, and it's really hard to take him seriously.

They had gotten into a silly little argument earlier that night, and now Hoseok is giving Kihyun the silent treatment, ignoring him even though they're the only two in the dorm right now with the others all out grocery shopping with the manager. This is how Kihyun knows that Hoseok is not really angry, because otherwise he would have gone out with the others to get away from Kihyun for a while. It's what any truly angry person would do in this situation, after all, but Hoseok staying at the dorm all alone with Kihyun is a clear sign that he doesn't actually want to be fighting, and that he's really just waiting for Kihyun to apologize so that they can make up and move on from this.

In fact, Hoseok never really gets angry with Kihyun, nor does Kihyun ever really get angry with Hoseok. They've been through too much together and they understand each other too well to ever have any real fights. That is to say, nothing they've ever argued about wasn't either a silly little lovers' quarrel over something insignificant, or, for their more serious arguments, coming from a place of love and concern for the other, and so their arguments never really bother them, never really cut all that deep or threaten what they've built together. In fact, they always tend to view any arguments that they have as a sign that their relationship is healthy, because after all, they trust and respect each other enough to not feel afraid to express their feelings, even the negative ones, and they always know in the backs of their minds, even when they're arguing, that everything will eventually be resolved.

This particular petty argument had started because Hoseok had wanted to go out to eat tonight, just the two of them, for some quality time alone, away from the dorm and the rest of the members. They had all been together constantly for the past few days for comeback preparations and, as Hoseok had explained, he felt that he and Kihyun deserved a little alone time. But Kihyun had been so tired, and his warm, soft bed had been calling out to him all night, and so he had turned Hoseok down. And Hoseok, well, Hoseok hates eating alone, actually refuses to do it, and so, because of Kihyun, he's now stuck in the dorm when he doesn't want to be, or at least, that's how he sees the situation.

Right now, Hoseok is sitting on the couch in the living room in brooding silence, leaning back into the couch cushion behind him with his arms crossed over his chest, refusing to talk to Kihyun or even acknowledge him as Kihyun goes in and out of the living room and kitchen, tidying up a bit before bed. Hoseok's even pouting in an exaggerated fashion, his plump bottom lip jutting out in manner that can't possibly be comfortable but effectively conveys his frustration, and his cheeks are slightly flushed, his eyebrows furrowed as he stares at the TV playing some kids anime. Kihyun can tell he's not really watching it though, not really taking it in, but he needs to pretend to be doing something while he's pretending to ignore Kihyun. He even huffs a little every now and then, like a child.

And it had been amusing and cute for a while, and Kihyun had giggled to himself every time he walked into the living room and gotten a glimpse of Hoseok still in the same spot, still pouting. But it's starting to get late, and if there's one thing that Kihyun has learned after all their time together, it's that it's best not to go to bed angry, if you could even call this "angry" when Hoseok's endgame is for Kihyun to just give in already and give him the attention that he wants.

Hoseok may be the older of the two of them, and he may often be the strong, protective one with Kihyun, but he can also be so cute sometimes, and that duality to his personality is part of why Kihyun loves him so much. It's nice seeing all of Hoseok's different facets, the different sides to him, and it makes Kihyun feel special that he's really the only one who knows Hoseok in and out, knows him so well that he's experienced every version of Hoseok that there is.