By Order Of The Lord

Adrian has left me in charge of preparing for the arrival of Princess Ariana, and I could not be more excited!!

As a province to the Golden Crown, Silvendow is not a kingdom in itself but a powerful controlling force within the kingdom. Adrian explained that the marriage between him and Ariana is part of an alliance between us and Glenfowl, essentially making them an ally to the Crown, but he seemed to be much more excited about this than just making ties to the old kingdom.

Sounds to me like he's got a bit of a crush just from the paintings and descriptions of this girl. He's such a hopeless romantic, hahah.

"Rezenal!!" My mom snaps, pulling me from my thought. "The princess is coming tonight and we must have everything prepared for her arrival. How have you done so far?"

"I had the chefs work on her favorite meals until it was second nature, I made sure that we know what she's allergic to so we don't accidentally kill her~"

"That was a good thing to take note of, that's be hard to explain to your brother..." Mom mutters before waving for me to continue.

"We brought a dire wolf over for her, apparently they're important to her culture." I comment. I don't get it, but hey, she can have her giant dog if she wants it. "The city is aware that they are about to receive a new Lady, so they're on their best behavior."

Mom took my shoulders in her hands, giving me a firm glare, being sure my eyes were up. "Her room, Rezenal. What about her room?"

A look of concern started to come over her face at the excitement on my lips. "My room! Adrian said he wanted me to stick close to her and be sure that Ariana has everything she wants."

"Y-your room..?" She clearly isn't happy at that answer, but our mighty Lord told me to do that, so ha! "You're serious?"

I can't believe she'd doubt me like this! "Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I ask, crossing my arms with a pout.

"Because you're not exactly mature, Rezenal. Ariana is a princess that was being prepped to be queen, so perhaps you shouldn't..." Mom held her words back. "Are you sure that's a good choice?"

"Not my choice to make!" I remind, a smirk tugging at my face. "Talk to Lord Fennec if you don't think that's right, but for now she'll be staying with me. We even made a new bed for her in my room!"

Her expression isn't happy, but neither of us can do anything about it. As lord of the province, Adrian's word is second only to the Crown. Meaning I'm getting a new roomie tonight!!

"Just... Please remember that she is a princess. She is of the highest caliber and is to be treated with respect."

As if I'd forget that my new bestie was so fancy! When she gets here I'll be all ready to go and I'll help her with her stuff and show her the whole manor! I wonder if she lives in a castle? Should I ask? Would that be rude?

I can't help but turn to Mom about this. She knows all sorts of stuff about the old kingdoms. "Does the princess live in a castle?"

Her subtle look of distain at how little I know of useless but interesting nonsense is pretty obvious, but I'm gonna ignore that for now. "Of course she does, that's a silly question."

"How is that silly? We live in a big house, why would I assume she lives in anything different?"

With no immediate response and Mom trying to come up with an answer, my feet turn me out of there before my amazing answer can be proven stupid!

My day is full of things to do and double check just because we've got a new member coming to the family and all of that.

"Miss Rezenal."

A jolt jumped through my body, hearing that cold tone over my shoulder. "H-hey, Mariana. How can I help you?"

"I was made aware that the princess is entering the city and thought I would tell you so that it wouldn't be a surprise for you." The tall and thin woman's said, looking down at me from well over two feet over my head.

"Ariana is here?! Why didn't anyone tell me sooner?!"

"I told you the moment that we had word, Lady Rezenal..."

Feet flying under me, I have to get to the main hall before the princess does! Gonna ignore the servant I nearly collided with, I can apologize later, but for right now I need to see to the job I was given and hang with my new best friend.

The door opening and my mother waiting on the other side is a bad sign for sure, especially with the very angry look on her face.

Her voice comes sharp and harsh. "You're late!! She's walking in, get to your place!"

Crap! She's here already?! Crap crap crap!! I've got to make sure that I look all proper and prim when she walks in or she'll never take me seriously!

I can just barely make it to my seat next to the Lord's throne before the doors of the hall begin to open and I see her enter, followed closely by some of our ambassadors and guards.

And wow... She's really pretty.

•••

This is a new story that I hope it goes well, but there is already one large change that I need to make...

You may have noticed how much of these first two chapters are done in present tense... Yeah, that ain't sticking around because goodness is that difficult...

This is yours truly and forever, apologizing for the later than expected post and bidding you a farewell and a happy Easter,
Killian Joyus
A.K.A. Blew Neko