Happy Birthday Specials

Todays my birthday and it's the most important thing in my family to turn 13. Everything is going as planned, school went by smooth, my family isn't home and my favorite moon is in orbit. So I forgot to warn you I was born in a family full of supernaturals. Yeahhhh. Others call usunfathomable creatures, sinners etc. But all I see is a normal house. In my house things are different, mundanes find it odd or even peculiar, but hey eveyone/thing isn't normal. Though my family do things different to me we're perfect.
       Either way in my family the moon phases determine play a significant role in what makes us supernatural. Surprisingly my 13th birthday is in motion with my favorite moon ( the waxing crescent moon). Each moon phase on your 13th birthday determines what you are, since the waxing crescent moon is my moon phase it determines that I'm a shapeshifter and my mother is frightened that I'll become a Wendigo shapeshifter. Later I'll tell you what each moon phase means for us. Oh my it's been such a busy day I haven't even introduced myself, hi there in Ethan spellfire and I'm a supernatural in which you already know.
       Now back to my birthday, the family gather outside and we celebrate my living years of being a mundane. When the moon light beamed on me the skies got dark, there was no clouds, the sense of silence and the surroundings of animal presence. While everything goes back to normal everyone is in suspense and wonder with the thought of me still a mundane, then my mom points out my tail and ears. Celebration was a must and we indeed showed out.
          Throughout all that time it was time for gifts. As I run in the house filled with glee my aunt comes in behind me and gave me a present. The box seemed dull but knowing my aunt nothing is ever dull. As I opened the box there was a letter from my dad. When seeing that letter with his hand writing gave me tears. So I insisted my mom opened it but my aunt implied I was the one to read it. In that moment of opening the letter a phoenix feather fell out. Out of nowhere my grandmother immediately leaves the room.