All Part Of The Show

You wandered down the streets of Hell, sighing as you did so. You were terribly bored. You had been in Hell for quite some time now and had gotten pretty used to the swing of things. As used to things as one in Hell could be, of course. You had a stable job as an assassin for some small mob, and it paid pretty well. They gave you reliable housing and kept you feed and clothed. Still though... you were terribly bored.

You looked at the buildings in the distance. All places you had either been to or had no interest in going to. It was then that you noticed a new place though. It looked like a carnival tent. It was pink and white and you could hear laughter and screams coming from it. You shrugged your shoulders and decided to head over.

You paid the entrance fee and walked around for a bit. You went on a few rides and got some snacks. You smiled a little bit as you passed the colorful games and rides. You felt happy like you had not felt in some time.

It was then that you spotted a young woman crying in a corner at the carnival. You walked over and gasped as you recognized her. It was the overlord Velvet. You had seen her on the news a few times. She looked up at you and gave a sad smile.

"You enjoying the carnival?" she asked.