Birth

She was born into a family of seven. Laurie was a big baby and weighed more than a normal baby would. A dark skinned girl with brown shinny eyes. Her father adored her and didn't put her down till she was old enough.
                        LAURIE
First day at school and I felt like my heart was gonna pop outta my chest. Eyes were locked on me as I introduced myself. Made a couple of friends and everything seemed fine. I loved school, just because of music and dance periods. I love music and couldn't do without it. Fast forward to High school.
This place was hell according to stories have heard. I was a girl who was always called beautiful at home. Had my hair brushed and braided by my mom and everyone always went, ouuuuu you're so pretty.
In my mind, I was always the prettiest, I would remember my dad complimenting my big round shinny brown eyes.
But school 🏫 actually taught me another thing all together.

                   KATE
Shut up Caleb. Just pass me the notebook. A new girl came to school today. She had thick hair and was too dark. I am light skinned so🤷‍♀️... whew, I gotta stay away from her tho.
Herty, Charlotte.... what y'all think about the new girl? Ain't she too dark... I giggled with my friends at the back.
I heard the teacher asking us to keep quiet.
Let's be friends with her! Charlotte suggested.
Are you crazy, I quickly replied. Our team is full. But we need a third wheel.
Herty replied.
Okay then... I agreed.
Just then, Joseph walked in.