Chapter 9

I was still sulking on the chair placing my head on the table when someone tapped me gently...

I looked up and saw Jake sitting beside me..."What is wrong?",he asked looking really worried and for some reason,I felt bad...like he was sad because of me...

He held my hands and I sighed...."Why did you leave the party that day?....Who was that guy?....why did you slap him?",he asked..."It's nothing",I told him...

He sighed and said"Look..I know you don't like me for some reason...But I really want to be your friend..I want to know you more but you're not making it easy for me... You despise me and it hurts me seriously.... Please,just give me a chance... I'll prove to you that I'm a good person...Yes,I'm not perfect but I'll try...You can confide in me"....

I was shocked for a while...I opened my mouth to talk but nothing came out...He looked into my eyes and I looked away...I could not look into his eyes for some reason...I felt bad......

Jake's POV
I could see she was feeling bad about something....I grabbed her bag from the table and took her hand into mine, taking her out....

"Why are you not with Milena?",I asked her while we were on the way....

"She's annoyed with me....She won't even talk to me and it's all my fault",she said fiddling with her fingers .. ..

We got to the class and Milena was seated reading her book.... We walked up to her..."Hi",I said smiling...She looked up and smiled back..She frowned upon seeing Victoria...I sighed and sat down......

"Victoria told me everything already... She's really sorry.. Just forgive her",I said and took her hand into mine squeezing it gently....

She sighed,"It's not like I'm annoyed with her....I just want her to know how it feels to be ignored...After what happened at that party,I called Victoria...You won't believe she switched off her phone...I decided to let that pass because I knew something bad had happened
..This morning,I tried talking to her,she just ignored me....it was really painful",she said....

Victoria held her hand...."I'm really sorry",she said,her voice sounding croaked...

it was obvious she was holding back tears from falling... Milena hugged her and patted her back..."It's ok",she said while disengaging from the hug...

They turned to look at me and I smiled at them..."So.. Victoria,can we know what's wrong?....At least we're your friends now...you can confide in us",I said....

Victoria looked at me and closed her eyes...she opened them and exhaled sharply...

"That guy you saw was my best friend but he did something really bad...He betrayed my trust in him...An incident occurred and after that, we lost contact.... Seeing him at the party made me remember the incident and I got angry, thereby slapping him",she said, looking really sad....

Milena patted her shoulder and smiled at her...."It's ok... you're fine now...you don't have to think about it",I said while pulling the both of them into a hug

*******

I offered them a ride home and they agreed....I dropped Milena off at her place,so it was just Victoria and I in the car...

For some reason,I was really nervous... Victoria was leaning her head on the glass..."Hmm... Vickey",I said...She looked at me and I could tell that she was really tired...

I placed my hand on her neck...Geez, she's having a fever..."Wow.. you're having a temperature"....By the time we got to her place,she was already shivering...I carried her bridal style and I was happy that her parents were not around....

I took her into her bedroom and placed her in the bed...I placed her blanket over her properly and turned to leave...

Suddenly I felt her hand on my arm..."Please, don't leave",she said closing her eyes tightly....."it's ok... I'm here",I said while sitting beside her on the bed...

I waited for her to sleep and when she did,I left........

Victoria's POV

I woke up the next day with this terrible headache ....I tried to stand up and my door opened....my mom came in with a cup of water and  drugs....

"You're awake?",she said while sitting down beside me...She gave me the drugs and I used them...

I tried to stand up but she held Me..."You can't go to school today... You're not feeling well",she said looking worried...."I have a test,mom...I need to go",I said squeezing her hand gently...she sighed and left me...

"Be careful,ok?... I'll leave your drugs on the table in the table... I'm going",she said and left.....I  brushed my teeth and had my bath... I wore a pink crop top with a high waist jean skirt....I took my drugs and left

*******

I got to school and met Jake on the way...he offered to help with my bag....."How are you feeling now?",he asked...."I'm good",I said and he looked away after smiling..."Thanks for yesterday...I really appreciate it",I said while fiddling with my fingers...

He looked at me and gave me a genuine smile..."it's ok...what are friends for?"...I turned to look at him and he was looking really cute...He actually brushed his hair and it looks good...

He was wearing a turtle necked white top with sweatpants......I smiled...I think I'm starting to like him....we got to class and he left after greeting Milena.....

Milena winked at me and all I could do was smile...

God,I think I'm becoming an idiot already.....

******

Milena and I went to cafeteria and we sat down after getting our food...we were able to eat when someone spilled coffee on me.....

I gasped and turned to look at a strange face....