Chapter 1: Arrival

I run as fast as I can to the nearest rest stop, the footsteps behond me get faster by the second, faster and faster the footsteps lead towards me. As I look back to see my predator, I see a quite familiar face. Its a boy's face flash before my eyes. I dont even notice that I step on a crack and tumble down to the ground, until I feel the pain that leads after the fall.

A swift knife flies above my head, crashing into the wall behind me, barely missing my head. I try to get up and run, but I slip on ice occaisonaly while running. Its seems the faster I run, the farther away my destination is. Behind me, two specific people are hitting eachother reapeatedly with different objects. As they are practically killing eachother, I catch a glimpse of the taller guy grabbing a gun from his belt and pointing it at the boy.

"Hold up! Stay where you are! I will shoot, boy! I will!" The taller man screams across to the boy. The other man holds his hands up in defense. To show that he means no harm.
All out of nowhere, the smaller boy sprints into the air, twisting as if he had been a frisbee, and crashing into the taller man's chest. The boy reaches into the man's pocket and pulls out some sort of pill container. But as he runs with it, a loud bang is heard from the man.
"Drop Dead, Brandon Landfire!" As soon as the words are said, The boy falls to his knees, and lands on his chest facing downwards. A group of officers come to collect the body, but as soon as they do, there is no body in sight!

"Good going, Matterson." Another tall man says to the predator. "You really outdid yourself" he glares at him, and walks away to look for the body. But there is no body to be found.

"Brandon." I whisper to myself. Such a shame. They let a perfrectly great person go to waste. Well, atleast I think he was. How would I know?