Chapter 1

Mira

Its been a week. The school fair was really fun. It was one of the highlights for this school year because, one, the booths were really interesting, second, the bands were nice, and lastly, the guy I like likes me too. What could be better than that?

"Hello? Get over here already!"

I turned and saw Kikuchi waving at me. They were actually waiting for me in the gate. I was just taking my time walking and didn't realize they waited for me.

"Why you smiling so early in the morning?" Kikuchi teased.

I smiled at her. "Noya and I are eating lunch together."

She made a face. "Oooh! That's nice. Don't forget to spill us the details later okay?"

Time passed by so fast. I was more active in class than usual. I just wanted to see him already. I realized, when I secretly had a crush on him for a month, I didn't knew it was already that long. One day, I just saw him pass the field and the next thing I knew, I was already confessing to him. I mean, we both confessed!

The bell rang, and I smiled at the thought. I immediately fixed my stuff to get ready for lunch.

"Mira! Someone's looking for you!"

I looked at the door and saw Noya leaning against it. He waved.

I smiled and waved back. I immediately grabbed my bag then headed towards him.

"Hi." I slyly said. I can't believe he fetched me here. I can't believe he's in front of me right now.

"Hi." He said with a smile. He brushed his hair then led the way.

To my surprise, we didn't head to the cafeteria. He bought me to the back of the school to the back gate. I followed him to a big tree and noticed that there was a mat under it. There was also sandwiches and juice boxes. My heart pounded.

"When did you prepare this?" I asked in disbelief.

He was so cute, standing by the mat with his hand behind his neck.

We sat beside each other and started eating. "I asked Hinata for help. I-is it okay?" He asked.

I giggled. "Its perfect."

We sat there talking about our classes while eating and I was just so happy watching him. He looked happy. After eating, he suddenly grabbed something from his pocket.

"Oh, I-uh, got you something." He softly said. He raised a necklace in front me with a little gold pendant of the sun.

I covered my mouth. "Oh my gosh, where did you get that?"

He chuckled. "I bought in during our fair. I forgot to give it to to you that day. I was too excited."

I turned around him then shoved my hair to my shoulder. He placed the necklace on my neck and I took a closer look at the sun. It was beautiful. It's color was not only gold but when light touches it, it shows a hint of orange.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

I turned to him and held the pendant. "I love it."

After lunch, I think my smile didn't go away for the whole day. His bright smile really always make my day when I'm with him.

After classes, I went home with Kikuchi since Noya and Tanaka had practice. Last week, I didn't get to go home with him for three days since we don't have practice with them anymore.

"Okay, so what happened?" Kikuchi asked. I clinged my arm to her arm as we walk.

"He prepared like a little picnic behind the school. We sat under the tree and it was wonderful." I said.

"He gave me a necklace!" I added.

Kikuchi suddenly stopped and covered her mouth.

"Ssh!" I mouthed. I took the necklace from beneath my uniform and showed her.

"Its so pretty!" Kikuchi said as she looked at the pendant.

I nodded. "I know right? Now I just want to give him something back you know."

I sighed. I want to give him something he can use. Like this necklace, I'd definitely wear it everyday.

"I know! Since its not yet dark, lets go find a store!" Kikuchi suggested.

We ended up walking to SIH and even near Shiratorizawa, where, in fact, we found a store. It had all this unique and antique stuff and accessories.

Luckily, I found something that will suit him. I bought him a brown waxed cord anklet but since it came with a pair, I had one for me. Kikuchi ended up buying a bracelet for herself.

We got home and Mom and Dad were already waiting in the dining table.

"Hi, dear. You're late today." Mom said.

"Sorry, Kikuchi and I went to a store near Shiratorizawa." Its a good thing they didn't ask for more details.

While we were eating, Dad finished first which was unusual since he was a slow-eater. He immediately went back upstairs.

"Is Dad okay?" I asked Mom.

She sighed. "There's just a lot of work to do lately, don't worry. I'm also helping him from time to time when I have nothing to do."

Its rare to see them stressed out. Mom and Dad always have their time properly managed and their priorities set straight. I wonder what's going on.