Chapter 2

The next day, I was alone for breakfast. Mom was in the office with Dad. She prepared breakfast beforehand. I ignored it, not wanting to add up to their stress.

When I got to school, I guess I was a little bothered by it.

"Mira? You okay?" Aoki asked. We were eating in the cafeteria with Kikuchi and Sudou.

"Sorry. My mind is dozing off again." I said.

"You look bothered by something. Is it Nishinoya?" Sudou asked.

I shook my hands. "No! Its not him."

I sighed. "Its my parents. They're acting weird."

"Weird like what?" Kikuchi asked while eating.

I dropped my chopsticks and exhaled. "Its like they're stressed out by something. They won't tell me."

Aoki tapped my shoulder. "I guess they're not telling you for a reason. Don't worry, its probably just work and adult stuff."

"Oh, Mira. Takeda-sensei asked me to visit the boys' practice later. He's asking for their sizes for the secondary uniforms. Do you want to come with me?" Sudou said.

I beamed. Finally, I can visit them and the gym again. "Of course!"

Lunch was over and it was dismissal in a flash. I headed outside and Sudou was already there. We went to the gym together where they were practicing.

"Hey everyone. Takeda-sensei wants us to get your sizes for the secondary uniform." Sudou said.

I searched my eyes, looking for Noya, but I couldn't find him.

Tanaka called out to me. "Noya went to refill our drinks."

I covered my face. Of course they knew I was looking for him.

"Where's Coach?" Sudou asked Daichi.

"He's not yet here." He answered.

Sudou started to measure the third years and I sat down on the bleachers. Later on, Noya arrived with the bottles in his arms.

"Why did no one came with me?!" He complained as he entered. I giggled.

When he set down the drinks, he noticed me and Sudou. He immediately went to us.

"Hi." He said, breathless.

I giggled. I grabbed a towel from the stack beside me and wiped his face.

"What are you complaining about?" I jokingly asked. His hair was down and my eyes sparkled.

He chuckled. "I was just kidding. No one helped me refill the bottles."

"Okay, lovers, that's enough. My eyes are burning." Tsukishima complained for behind.

We laughed. I grabbed an extra tape measure from Sudou's bag.

"We're going to get your measurements for the secondary uniforms." I told him.

He raised his arms and I measured the sleeve. When I was measuring his waist, I jokingly hugged him and poked his waist. He fidgeted and I laughed.

"Mira." Sudou called.

"Sorry. Right. Measure." I said as I cover my mouth.

After Noya, I measured Hinata, Yamaguchi, Ennoshita and Kageyama. Kageyama was an obstacle. He was just too tall for me. I had to tip toe to measure his sleeves and he also slouched for me, which was embarrassing.

When we were about to leave, I called Noya.

"I have something to give you." I told him. I took out the anklet from the pocket of my bag.

"Its an anklet. I figured it would suit you best since you move around the court the most." I said.

He chuckled and took the anklet. He ruffled my hair which I made a face on him. How many times do I have to tell him that its hard to fix my thick black long hair?!

"Thank you, Mira." He said and then wore the anklet.

"It looks so cool." He added.

I giggled. I waved goodbye and went out with Sudou.

"Oh, Mira. You guys are invited to our house on Saturday. I'm having an early celebration." Sudou said.

I jumped. Sudou's birthday was next week, Wednesday, but I guess she wanted to celebrate it early so we can spend it on a Saturday.

"Who else are you inviting?" I asked. I bet she already knew what I meant.

She chuckled. "Daichi, Suga, Asahi, Tanaka and Nishinoya."

I clinged to her arm. When we walked to the gate, Aoki and Kikuchi were already there.

"Took you long enough!" Kikuchi complained.

"Sudou is having an early celebration!" I told them.

They jumped as well. We walked together to the intersection where we part ways and on the way to our block, Kikuchi and I were talking about the party the whole time.

When I got home, Mom already prepared dinner. We started eating but Dad didn't come down.

"Where's Dad?" I asked Mom.

"He ate already. He had to finish up some work." She said.

I sighed. "Oh, Mom. Sudou will be having an early celebration at her house this Saturday." I told her.

She smiled at me. "That's nice. Just be home before it gets too dark."

Her smile looked tired and I wasn't buying any of it. I wanted know.

"Mom. Why are you and Dad so stressed out lately?" I asked.

She looked at me. I guess she didn't want to answer at first but she set down her chopsticks.

"Grandma called last week. She said one of her managers got pregnant and took a maternity leave. Dad and I had to help her in our business."

I actually didn't expect that. When we were in Maldives, Grandma was pretty hands on in our beach resort and she really didn't need our help. She really liked our beach resort anyway since its where Mom and Dad met and eventually had me.

"Oh, okay. Sorry if I had to butt in." I said.

She smiled at me. "Its okay, Desi. Thanks for being worried."

After dinner, I went upstairs and peeked at Dad's office. He was in his laptop, continously typing. It looked like he was making a presentation.

I just wish they don't get stressed too much. It feels weird when I don't get to eat with them and I have this plan in my head on how I'm going to tell them about Noya. I'm just going to tell them that the boy I like likes me too, that's all. We have this....mutual relationship, but I can't seem to find the right timing, especially now that they're too busy.