Chapter 17

-- A/N --

763!? how many reads? Please explain how the hell it got to that many?! I've never got so many reads... I'm kinda freaking out I have to admit.

Now I'm going to let ya read the chapter

Bye x
Emily xxx

-

Three hours of biting my nails and tapping my foot. three hours of being inpatient. three hours of still not knowing what's happening to my mate.

It's killing me, like waiting for someone to jump out and stab you dead any second. heart rate going up, my heartbeat going faster, my head going all negative on me.

Everything in my eye line goes blurry, slow motion. my hands shaking, if I spoke I'm sure I'd just burst into tears.

"Skylar Harris dr. roger would like to see you" I jump off the chair and follow the nurse to the room dr. roger took James into.

I open the door walking in, James's bed behind a curtain. "dr. roger?" I whisper looking around the room.

"Yes dear?" dr. roger walks from behind the curtain, clipboard in his hand.

"Dr. roger please tell me he's okay" dr. roger sits down at his desk gesturing me to sit in the other one in front of him.

"Skylar I've got his lung under control but he's still very weak, if he makes it through the night we have high hopes he will make it" make it through the night?! James might die?

I pull my knees to my chest and start rocking back and forth. this can't be happening! my mates fine, he's fine. none of this is real, it's all a bad dream.

Even if I wanted to believe any of what I just thought I still won't help with James. even if I pinched myself till I was blue, it still wouldn't mean that James gets any better.

"Skylar I'm going to monitor him over night, I've put some extra oxygen in his lungs to help with the healing, don't worry he's going to be fine" why do grown ups do that? lie to you so you won't have to have stress? I'm eighteen I think I'm old enough to know if my mate is dying or not!

"Just tell me the truth dr. roger" my voice shakes with every word.

"It's only a small part of his lungs, I'm going to monitor him over night and he has some extra oxygen to help him breathe while it heals, he's had six X-rays and we are taking care of the problem" dr. roger explains still calm as always.

"Can I see him?" I ask feeling sick "of course go on through I'm going to go talk to one of the nurses" dr. roger gets out of his chair and walks out the room.

I slowly walk towards the curtain, not sure if I want to see my mate beaten and bruised. my shaky hand reaching for the white curtain. I pull it back closing my eyes.

I open my eyes slowly, not really wanting to see him like this, but I know if I don't now I will forever regret it.

Looking at James body so still, bruised, cut, just makes my heart shatter.

Walking over to the chair beside James's bed I sit down, I take his hand and start crying my eyes out.

I curl my feet up onto the chair and lay my head down next to his hand, holding his hand still crying my eyes out.

Laura whimpering, going to the back of my mind not wanting to see this. I don't blame her, she's feeling the same as me.

I shut my eyes trying to calm down, not realising I'm falling asleep.

-

"Skylar sweetie?" I snap my eyes open, lights making me cover them again.

"Skylar your father wishes to see you" I open my eyes looking around the room, James still unconscious, a nurse waking me up.

I nod standing up, starting to walk out the room, not before looking back at James.

Walking out of the pack doctors, I head to the pack house.

My father scent inside the house, up in his office.

I walk into the house, everyone turning to look at me. I just turn to the floor and head to my fathers office.

My mind running with the pack link,

'Skylar what's going on?'

'Are you okay?'

'When did you get a mate?'

'Where have you been all night?'

All their questions just made me feel worse, knowing they want more answers then their likely to get.

I knock on my fathers door, not waiting for a reply I just walk in and flop onto the couch in front of his desk.

"Skylar" I look up at my father, worry, sadness, but mostly loss.

"How are you feeling?" He really thinks I'm okay? my mate could die! and he still thinks I'm okay?!

"Oh you mean am I getting over the fact my mates dying in a hospital bed because Of my body guard? oh yeah I'm doing really fine!" I blurt out crossing my arms over chest.

My dad looks taken back by what I just said "skylar I didn't mean it like that but don't ever talk to me like that again" I hold back the erg to growl.

"Now I asked to see you so we can talk about what happens when James is alright" huh? he's staying here with me... Right? he's not going anywhere, not without me following him.

"Father he's joining the pack" my father laughs "that's a funny joke skylar but come on where's he going after" this time I growl, I stand up and put my palms on the desk "he's staying or I'm leaving the pack with him you decide" I walk out before he could answer.

He's my mate he can stay, he's the next Alpha with me. he has to stay, he has to stay with me. I'm not having a repeat of yesterday, although I would stay with James...

I power walk to my room. banging to door open and shut. falling onto my bed belly first, I start crying into the pillow, followed by a scream.

"Maybe I should come back at another time" I turn my head left to see gabby starting to walk out of the room "don't go I'm just getting my anger out" gabby nods and joins me on the bed.

"So skylar you didn't tell me James was a rogue" that's all she cares about? not the fact my mates dying right now? that's not what she cares about?

"Does it matter? he's still human, he's still one of us" I mumble sitting crossed legged.

"Skylar I didn't mean it like that" gabby defends herself "why does everyone here have a problem with him?! he's my mate your all gunna have to get over it!" I shout getting angry and annoyed.

"Skylar he's a rogue you can't trust him" can't trust him?! "really? then why please explain why the hell he would risk his life to save me?! because I don't think if he didn't care he would just let Mason have me!" am I the only one who sees the good in James? am I the only one who can see past him being a rogue?

I can't believe everyone here thinks James is bad, that because he's a rogue he can't be trusted. James is the complete opposite to that! he didn't want to be rogue, he had no choice!

"Gabby can you just leave" "sky-" "LEAVE!" I shout pointing to the door. I hear footsteps then the door opening and shutting.

I can't believe my pack is being like this, treating James like he's a disease. they don't even know him, they don't even want to know him. this pack calls themselves family, they don't even care, they don't even want to know the Alphas daughters mate!

I guess sometimes you have to leave and take a step back to see the bad when you think you've been living in the good. realising that all the people I once'd loved has now turned their backs on me, I'm on my own, I'm on my own with James and that's it.

'Skylar James is awake and he's asking for you' dr. roger mind links me.

I bolt out my bedroom and run to the pack doctors.