Step Back

Enrique's POV

" We reached the palace." Adeline said and I smiled seeing her excitement.

" You look too excited to come back home?! What a sudden change!!!" I said to him and she rolled her eyes.

" The sooner the better." She said.

" What?" I asked her.

" To get used to it." She said and I nodded.

" That's right." I said.

" I have a serious topic to discuss with you." She said.

" About what?" I asked her.

" Let's go back to our room. It's not a right place to talk about that." She said and I narrowed my eyes.

" What is going on inside your skull box?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes.

" Stop thinking pervert things." She said and I rolled my eyes.

" I was thinking about sleeping. There is an event in the evening. If you want to sleep then you can but get up before the event starts." I said to her and chuckled. " By the way what were you thinking about?" I asked her.

" Nothing." She said. I shook my head looking out of the window.

" Enrique!!!" I heard my mom calling me when we reached the hall.

" Your Highness!!" Adeline said to her.

" How are you, Adele? How was your visit to Norway?" Mom asked her. She smiled.

" It was very beautiful. Thank you, Your Highness!!" She said.

" You don't have to call me Your Highness. Call me by my name." Mom said but Adele shook her head.

" I call that to you with love and respect from depth of my heart." She said and Mom chuckled.

" You can show love and respect even if you call me by my name." Mom said. " If it really feels irritating then you can call me Mom like Enrique and Amy does but don't call me Your Highness. It sounds weird to me from you." She said and Adeline kept looking at her for awhile. Then nodded smilingly.

" Ok." Adeline said with teary eyes. May be she misses her mother.

She never shows her weak points to anyone else. She tries to stay strong in every situation. Even when she got kidnapped she was so strong not at all scared. She is always ready to face any kind of situation which makes her the right person to be the Queen. But no matter how strong a person is he or she will definitely have a weak point. For me it's my family. For her it's her siblings. May be she lived her life missing a mother figure in her life. It's very obvious.

" Can I go back to my room and have rest? My head is blasting." Adeline said.

" Sure. I was about to say that. You go. Have rest." Mom said and she left. I sighed.

" What happened, Mom?" I asked her.

" Nothing happened, Enrique. You father wanted to meet you." She said and I nodded.

" Where is His Highness?" I asked her.

" In the study." She said. " Be careful. He seems to be enraged since morning." She said and I smiled.

She smiled at me back. No one knows how peaceful it is to seeing this woman smiling. Mothers are the best gifts to their children. I hugged her for once and she chuckled hugging me back.

" You are still the little Enrique." She said.

" I will never grow up for you." I said to her and she patted my head.

" Now go. Your father is waiting." She said to me and I nodded.

" I will go and meet him. You don't worry. I will handle it." I said to her. She nodded.

" Don't say anything to ignite him more, Enrique. It won't be good for you." She warned me.

" Facing him is never good for me. Never ever." I said to her and she sighed.

" It's not like that. Don't get him wrong, Enrique. No matter what he your father." She said. I wish he wasn't!!!

" Ok, I am going otherwise His Highness will be angry." I said to her.

I walked towards the study and I was thinking what can enrage The King suddenly?! May be Mom knows. I need to talk to her. But if he is upset with me then I will know that in awhile. I knocked on the door before entering the I study room. I found my father talking to his PA. As soon as he saw me he gestured his PA to leave the place. He nodded and left the room silently.

" You wanted to talk to me, Your Highness?" I asked him. He gestured me to sit across him. I sat across him and he closed the book he was checking and kept it aside.

" Heard you had gone to Norway?" He asked me.

" Yes, you heard it right, Your Highness." I said to him.

" Can I know why?" He asked me.

" Of course. Why not? I went there to help Princess Carolina." I said to her and he chuckled.

" You went there to help Princess Carolina?! Whom you hate that much?" He said.

" I never said that I hate her. I didn't like her attitude. That's it." I said to him honestly. " There is a huge difference between hating and not liking something. I hope His Highness knows that." I said and he kept looking at me for awhile. I kept looking directly at his eyes.

" Suddenly what makes you give Princess Carolina 700 millions?" He asked me.

" Your Highness, I have no intention to hurt you with my words but I think I have the right to spend my money however I want too. I haven't given her money from the Royal vaults." I said to him and he nodded.

" I know that." He said. " But wasting money is not a good thing." He said.

" I am not wasting money. You can't understand what am I doing and why am I doing that, Your Highness. Love, relationship and respect were never important to you. If they were then you would know that some relationship doesn't need to be certified biologically." I said to my father. He looked at me for awhile. I didn't look away. Cause, I knew I wasn't wrong here. I don't have to look down. I took the right decision and I will not step back now.