CHAPTER IV - Found you! Kinda...

The walk to the gang headquarters was long and uncomfotable

The men had decided to gag me too, so I had that going for me...

Finally, after what must have been only about 15 minutes - though it sure felt like an entire hour - we reached a tall, imposing building. It was less run-down than the others in the city, but it still was far from being in good shape.

There were several men and women outside - other gang members, I presumed -, some holding knives, others bats and metal poles. The light of the moon glinted off their faces and weapons, which made the whole scene more frightening than it already was.

They all nodded as Aidan approached, curiously taking Riona and me in, but otherwise staying silent. I felt so small as I entered the ominous building, noticing multiple other gang members inside. We passed through a multitude of dark corridors and rooms, some filled with people, others empty.

Eventually, we stopped in front of a closed metal door. Aidan knocked before opening the door and going in, without even waiting for an answer. Tommy and the other man pushed Riona and me in, still keeping our hands behind our back.

Inside, the room was lit by several candles that formed soft glows around the walls and objects. Besides the wall farthest from us was a long wooden desk with a tall office chair facing away from us.

"What is it, Aidan?" came a man's voice from the chair. A very familiar man's voice - Talon's. "I got your message about an important meeting. I don't see why you would disturb me at this hour."

I wanted to call out to him, ask him what was going on, scream at him, hug him, cry. I was conflicted, but I couldn't do any of those with a gag on and while being held back by Tommy.

"Sorry, boss, but it's about the girl from some months ago-"

"The one skilled enough to take down two of my men? What about her, did you finally find out where she lives?"

"Actually, I've brought her to you. Along with the one who hit me," Aidan informed him, his voice serious, but slightly proud.

At this, the man turned his chair around to face us. He had the same messy blond hair and baby-blue eyes I remembered, but he looked older, more mature from the last time I had seen him. His impassive expression fell as he noticed me.

"Calla?!" he asked, eyes wide and confused. "What are you doing here?"

I raised an eyebrow at his question, moving my head so he could see the gag more clearly. Talon hurried to me, using a pocket knife he took out of his, well, pocket, to cut the fabric loose.

"Let them go," he commanded to the two men as he cut Riona's gag too.

"But, boss..."

"Let. Them. Go," he repeated, glaring at them.