Ch 8 : Nelo's death

I stare at my palm cover with red liquid . Droplets of crimson fall onto the tiles . I look at myself in the mirror , blood dripping from my lips and pouring from my nostril . I don't feel any pain or the urge to faint . I wipe the blood away from my face but it kept pouring out . I turn on the tap and wash it away . I stare at my blood running down the sink . I touched my face and the icy texture which I have , have replace by warmness . Something is not right . My body is not following my order . I makes sure to clean this place up before anyone notice . 

" I need to sleep ", I thought . If I sleep then everything will gone back to normal and the weird phenomenon that is happening to my body will ease . I flop onto my fluffy bed and doze off to sleep . 

Dream

I stand in the same black space with one more presence ." Nelo you didn't look so good ", my older brother told me . I could sense worry filled in his tone . I stay silent since I'm not sure how to answer him . I felt two palm on my cheek . His palm is twice my size , shape like Rai ." Warm . . .", he whisper . He stay like this for a couple of mins . He finally release his palm . He waited for an explanation . Silence hovering over us again . We face each other , staring at our emotionless face . I tug my lips slightly .

" Not sure ".

I mouthed those two words . He move his ruby orbs down for a moment . He seem to be thinking something . Then two pair of ruby eyes face mine again ." This is the first time that had happen to a noblesse . Even though I don't have much information about it . But . . .", he trail off . His gaze turns serious . He take a step forward , closing the remaining gap between us . He lift up his right hand and place them on my heart ." It must be your lifespan ", he ended . 

I remember giving half of my lifespan to Rai but I didn't know it will affect my well-being as well ." What's the symptom ?", big brother ask ." Spilling blood and nosebleed ", I replied . He furrow his eyebrows . He look mad for some reason . Then his eyes landed on my feet ." You're fading ", he gasp slightly . I stare down at my legs and saw my toes is becoming invisible . My fingers is gone . It began creeping up my upper body . I did not panicked nor surprise .

" You're disappearing ! That's mean your life is in danger !", he exclaim . It's my first time hearing him raising his voice ." My lifespan is lessening ?", I thought . Once I can't see my limb anymore , I turn back to my big brother . He look upset , his eyes is wide open and his jaw is drop . He made a expression just like those humans . 

" Nelo !", he shouted my name before I completely disperse into tiny of lights . 

I don't know his name so I call him Tiberius .(I made it up)

Tiberius hold onto one of the light . He gritted his teeth . He fail as a big brother . He can't even protect his youngest sibling . First Rai and now Nelo ." Please be safe Nelo . Save him Cadis Etrama ".

End of dream

Nelo POV

Nelo shot open his eyes . His curly hair stick on his forehead because of the sweat . He sat up carefully . He examine his body making sure he had not vanish . A relief sigh escape from his pale lips . He heard a very noisy sound coming outside his room ." They are back ", Nelo thought . He could sense the human kids , the modified humans , the nobles , Muzaka , Frankenstein and Rai . His heart relaxes when feeling their presence . 

Something is pressing up his guts . A huge pressure is pushing upward at his throat .

*cough !*

Deep , scarlet blood staining the blanket . Nelo block his mouth to prevent blood from spilling out but he cough more . His lungs is burning . The heat began spreading throughout his body . Blood dripping out from his nose and red vein appearing in his cornea . 

Muzaka and Rai smell the scent of blood . Rai know this well , it only belong to one person . He sprang up from his couch and stomp his way to Nelo's bedroom . Muzaka follow behind . Frankenstein aware of the scent as well , including the nobles . The door is not lock and Rai waste no time to open it up . (I mean slam it !)

Two ruby eyes went widen . The sight of blood flowing down from his neck and stain the bed sheet and his clothes . Muzaka cover his nose by how strong the iron smell is . Nelo look up at them and the face Rai is making is the same as his big brother in the dream . You can't tell them apart . Even after the sleep , his mind feels dizzy . His eyes began to drop and everything becomes blurry .

" Nelo !".

Hearing is futile because darkness had devour Nelo ." I forgot to tell my brothers . . . . don't worry ". His life force is slowly draining out from his soul and the power that he stored is leaking out . His body is not functioning . He feel numb .

Rai dash over to Nelo's bed and hold onto him to prevent him from falling . Nelo's head is rest on Rai's shoulder ." Nelo ! Nelo !", Rai call out his name . No response could be heard from the smaller twin . Everyone gasp at the sight . It's there first time hearing the noblesse raising his voice . They feel sympathy toward him . No one dare make a sound and they not sure what to do . This scene remind Muzaka's the death of his daughter . Muzaka clenched his fists when seeing his best friend losing his most important person .