Episode 9: Kong, meet Class 1-A

In the morning, the heroes continue to fix the Thunderbird while Kong continues to rest. Suddenly he hears a bone chilling sound. A sound that still haunts him to this very day. It was the sound of his long time enemy: the Skullcrawlers. Kong growls angrily while the Skullcrawler approaches the giant ape. Kong prepares to face the Skull Devil but before he can, two other members of species step in and fight off the Skullcrawlers. Kong soon realizes that these two apes are his parents. Kong runs after them to join in their fight but every time he takes a step, they grow farther and farther away from him. Kong roars and runs towards his parents. But he is too far away from them and he fails to reach them. The Skullcrawlers begin to swarm his parents as they are brought down by the lizards and begin to be viciously mauled by the reptiles. Kong roars in anger and tries to keep running but he's too late. Kong's mother holds out her hand for him to save them but Ramarak, the biggest of the Skullcrawlers, lunges forward and kills her. Kong freezes as he sees his two dead parents laying there as the Skullcrawlers begin to feed on them. Kong roars in anger and slams his fists on the ground. Just then he wakes up and realizes it was only a dream. He looks around at his surroundings and finds that he's still on the island with the group of humans continuing to build their aircraft. Kong begins to unwind as he lays his back on a small hill. He looks up at the sky and takes a deep breath after such a traumatizing nightmare.

Izuku, grabbing some more tools, notices Kong's discomfort. While he walks over to give Iida the tool, Izuku keeps looking back at Kong.
Izuku: I wonder what's wrong with that giant ape?
Iida: It's probably just frightened.
Izuku: Yeah but about what?
Iida: No clue but we shouldn't focus on that. We have to find a way to fix the Thunderbird's left wing.
Kaminari: We already did!
He says while standing on top of the wing, which is still badly damaged and taped together.
Kaminari: You see, it's fixed.
The wing then begins to tremble as it comes crashing down. Kaminari rubs his head and turns around to see the rubble.
Jiro: You were saying.
Kaminari: Oh man.
Aizawa: Stop wasting time! We have to repair the wing as soon as possible.
Ashido: I agree with Mr. Aizawa. Plus that monster's starting to freak me out.
Sato: How?! He's not even doing anything!
Sero: But he could be planning something.
Sato: Like what?!

Kong hears the small voices of the humans as they begin to annoy while he tries to rest. At first he tries to ignore them but they grow louder and louder. Kong then gets back up and walks over to the heroes and crouches down as he lets out a small growl to silence them. The students grow fearful while the pros prepare themselves. Kong continues to growl.
Kirishima: Does anybody have any idea what he's saying?
Bakugo: Why are you looking at me?! I don't understand monkey!
Asui: If only we actually had a way to talk to it.
Izuku then gets an idea. He looks around at his fellow students and finds the person he was looking for.
Izuku: Koda, do you think that you could probably talk to him?
Koda, surprised by Izuku's question, at first opposes the idea. He then takes a look at Kong and frightened his students as he remembers that a hero uses all their courage to accomplish tasks. Koda nods his head and walks up to Kong. The giant ape watches Koda as he approaches him. Aizawa and All Might follow right behind him.
Koda: Um, excuse me Mr. Giant Ape, we're sorry to disturb you. Please don't try to eat us.
Kong snorts at the heroes and begins to growl once again. Koda tries his best to make out what he's saying.
Kirishima: So, what's he saying?
Koda: He's asking if the ones who are yelling can quiet down. He's trying to rest.
Sato and Sero look at each other nervously. The rest of the class grows shocked by this.
Jiro: Wait, you can understand him?
Koda: Somewhat but it's a little tricky.
Izuku: If Koda can talk to this thing then maybe we can get some information about what exactly is going on. Izuku says to himself.
He then walks up to Koda.
Izuku: Ask him what his name is. Where did he come from?
Mineta: And what those other giant monsters were!
Koda nods his head and begins to speak with Kong, which the giant ape is impressed that a human can actually understand his beastly language.
Koda: Who are you and what were those other monsters that attacked us?
Kong growls some more and answers Koda's question which goes on for a while. The class waits and listens to the two of them. Kong finally finishes speaking and Koda turns around to speak.
Koda: He says his name is Kong. He's part of a race of giant apes that protected an island called Skull Island. His parents and the rest of his family died off after trying to protect the island but it was sadly destroyed.
Asui: That's horrible.
Uraraka: Poor guy.
Koda: He said that after his island was overrun, he joined a group of monsters known as the earth defenders. He says that that giant firebird was part of his group. Rodan was the name of it.
Tokoyami: Odd name.
Shoji: What else did he say?
Koda: Well, he also said that he did originally come from Earth, just not this one.
Kirishima: Hold on a second. Are you saying that he's from another dimension?
Iida: That sure is strange. I never thought the possibility of other dimensions was possible.
Yaoyorozu: Unless there's some person out there who has that quirk.
Kirishima: Yeah but, who would want to send a bunch of monsters here?
Kaminari: It would have to be some type of villain.
Jiro: Maybe, but what would be the next part of their plan? Create something that could control them? With how many of these things were sent here, I don't think that could work.
Izuku: Koda, ask him about the earth that he came from.
Koda nods his head and continues to communicate with Kong. Another substantial amount of time passes as Kong growls and growls until finally he stops.
Koda: He told me that the earth he came from was filled with giant monsters and people. Both species lived in peace thanks to him and his crew. But one day, the earth defenders got into a fight with another group known as the mutants.
Kong says that he was fighting a mutant called Biollante. His leader, Godzilla, was going up against his evil clone, Spacegodzilla. The fight seemed like hours until a bright beam of light appeared and Kong found himself here, on this earth.
Kirishima: Wow, never thought I'd hear a story like that.
Bakugo: That thing's probably lying.
Kirishima: You wanna go up and ask him if he's telling the truth?
Bakugo: Shut up!
Ojiro: Biollante? Spacegodzilla? Who comes up with these names?
Hagakure: I think they sound pretty cool.
Uraraka grows silent as he starts to remember the other kaiju they saw on the island where they landed on. She remembers how calm and curious it was. How it let her make contact with it. She thinks that maybe that monster has something to do with this new one.
Uraraka: Koda, ask him about the earth defenders.
Koda talks to Kong again and tells his answer to the rest of the class.
Koda: The earth defenders are made up of about twelve monsters, including himself.
Iida: Twelve monsters? That's so many.
Aizawa: Go on Koda.
Koda: The first member is Godzilla, a large reptile-like monster with spikes on his back and is the leader of the earth defenders. The other one we just saw was Rodan. There's Anguirus, an armadillo, dinosaur like monster. Gorosaurus and Varan, both resemble dinosaurs or reptiles. He does say that Varan can fly. Mothra, a giant moth. Manda, an aquatic dragon that is one of the faster members of the group. Zilla, a giant mutated iguana monster with spikes on its back just like Godzilla. Kumonga, a giant arachnid that can shoot out yellow webbing. Behemoth, the other mammal of the group as he looks like a giant mammoth. King Caesar, he almost looks like a dog as he has giant ears and gold fur but the rest of his body is covered in a hard, armor plating. Finally there's Baragon, a red dinosaur with a horn at the front of his face and two huge ears on the side of his head.
Koda catches his breath after explaining so much. The whole class grows silent as they let all this information sink in.
Yaoyorozu: Well...that was something.
Kaminari: I think my brain's about to overload.
Sato: There were so many facts in that speech that I don't think I understood any of it.
Izuku: So that's what that monster's name was that saved Musutafu; Godzilla.
Iida: I think we've seen all of these monsters already.
Asui: What do you mean?
Iida: That presentation All Might gave us. All the footage that he showed gave us a clear look at what these creatures are. We saw the giant spider, which was Kumonga I think. King Caesar is one that's just so distinct that you can't forget it's name or it's look. There were three other dinosaur ones as well, which if I can remember correctly were Gorosaurus, Varan and Baragon. We didn't see the giant moth, Mothra I presume. However we did see Behemoth and we just came in contact with Rodan. Not to mention that we're standing right in front of an earth defender, Kong if I can remember. The armadillo creature, Anguirus, we also did witness during the presentation.
Todoroki: So in hindsight, we did see almost all of the earth defenders. Just, not in person though.
Iida: Correct. But I have a feeling that we will be seeing them sooner than later.
Suddenly the ground begins to shake and something comes up from underground. The heroes prepare themselves for whatever shows up.
Bakugo: Alright, finally some action!
Kong stands up to his full height and clenches his fist. Then, a creature emerges from the earth and makes its way on the surface of the island. Fortunately, it's none other than Baragon. The heroes calm themselves and lower their arms. Kong does the same as he lets out a little smile. Baragon shakes his head to get the dirt off of him and sees the heroes as well as Kong. Baragon then becomes ecstatic as he rushes over to Kong and starts talking to him. The heroes watch as the two kaiju communicate with one another. Baragon can't control his excitement as he's finally found another member of the earth defenders. Baragon asks if Kong has seen any other members which Kong tells about Rodan flying off to see if he can spot anyone else. As Baragon catches up with Kong, Uraraka stares at Baragon as she runs up to them. Izuku tries to stop her but she runs right past him.
Kirishima: Uraraka what are you doing?!
Uraraka: You'll see.
She runs up right next to Baragon and tries to remember his name.
Uraraka: Ok, what was his name again? Koda said it when he was telling us about the earth defenders.
She continues to think and think until finally she remembers. Uraraka then yells out Baragon's name. The kaiju hears this and bends down to get a closer look at her. Baragon's eyes grow wide as he remembers this human. He then rubs his snout against her like that of a pet and grows even more content. Uraraka pets him as the whole class grows wide eyed at what they're seeing.
Izuku: Wait, that thing knows you?
Uraraka: Yeah, on the island where we came across him, I snuck out and went to see if he was really just curious like you said Deku.
Izuku: Oh right, I did say that.
Asui: Wow, that's so cool! He's like your overgrown pet or something!
Jiro: I'm not surprised. Uraraka does know how to make people like her.
Mineta: Stupid monster. How the hell does he get a girl?!
Kaminari: Chill out Mineta.
Iida: At least we know who else is on our side.
Todoroki: Hopefully Rodan finds some other earth defenders.
Izuku smiles as he begins to think to himself once again.
Izuku: Thanks to Kong, we finally have a better sense of what's going on. We know who these monsters are and where they came from. Let's just hope that Todoroki's wish comes true, because wherever the earth defenders go...their enemies can't be far behind.
Baragon then decides to leave the island as way to help Rodan in his search. While Baragon goes back underground, Kong still remains with the heroes as a precaution.

Miles away from where the heroes are with Kong, a peaceful country side sits still. All of sudden, the ground trembles and violently shakes as Krystalak erupts from underground. The mutant rubs his eye while smelling the air as he manages to get a whiff of Baragon's scent. He smiles and is about to continue digging before he hears a familiar roar. Krystalak turns around and sees Obsidius, slowly walking towards him. As soon as Obsidius makes his way to Krystalak, the two of them talk to one another. Obsidius growls as he asks what happened to Krystalak's eye. The crystal kaiju snarls and refuses to answer him. Obsidius then asks where he's heading as Krystalak tells of catching Baragon's scent and following it. Obsidius releases a low, guttural noise and pounds his fists together. Krystalak cackles and the two of them go underground as Obsidius follows closely behind Krystalak. The two mutants proceed to make their way to the earth defenders.

...To Be Continued