"Falling" [Episode 3]

Erin's POV:

"ERIN!"

I'm slammed against our door. The bookshelf didn't hit me, I hit the wall. My whole left side hurts from where I impacted the wall. I hear El's swift footsteps run across our wood floor over to me, she's still crying.

"Erin, I-" she sobs and get on her knees by me, "I'm so sorry! I tried to move you out of the way and..."

I cough and blood comes up, "Shit. My side..."

"Dad!" El screams, I'm up against the door so she can't open it without it hurting me. "Er, I'm gonna have to move you over so Hop doesn't open the door with you against it."

I nod, "Sure, go ahead. I just-I can't move, it hurts too much."

El's nose bleeds as she moves me away from the door, I scream in agony as I slide across the floor. El calls for our father again then runs out the door, leaving me laying on the floor alone. I'm pretty sure I broke my ribs, arm, shoulder, basically every part on my side. A bone must have stabbed my insides because I'm also sure there's internal bleeding, which explains the coughing. 

Hop runs into the room with El, "What the hell happened?!"

He bends down next to me as I tears flow down my face, I'm not making a sound though. What hurt more was El moving me across the floor.

"I-I got upset and the room shook, and the bookshelf fell. I tried to move her out of the way! I didn't think it would be that powerful, I swear." El cries out.

Hop pulls his walkie talkie out of his pocket, "I've got a 10-45C, my daughter is critically injured. I need an ambulance fast, there are signs of broken bones, internal bleeding, external bleeding."

"Erin, I need you to stay with me alright?" Hopper asks me frantically, "Help is on the way, you're gonna be okay. I just need you to stay conscious."

"Hop, it's getting hard to breathe," I gasp quietly.

El cries beside me as Hop gets back on the walkie, "15 minutes!? Son of a bitch, possible lung puncture. I need all you've got right now!"

My eyes start fluttering shut slowly, I feel my consciousness fading faster and faster. The next thing I remember is flashing red lights.

I'm in my bed

"You fucking bitch, you're the reason your mom isn't here anymore." (Dad)

And you're not here

"Erin sweetie, I love you. I always will, just remember that." (Mom)

And there's no one to blame but the drink and my wandering hands

"Dad...you're drunk. Y-You don't mean that."

Forget what I said

"I'm sorry pumpkin, I didn't mean it. I love you, you know that right?" (Dad)