Chapter 13

*Ruby's Point Of View*

I couldn't believe what he was just telling me. How could he be the same person I remember meeting not once but twice? I thought I was dreaming both times. I also pretended to not remember him the first time when we first met. Truth be told I was actually really scared. I was in denial and I couldn't help but think that boy I met the first time. Might have just been a dream of my making.

When I met him the second time. I knew that I had to get his name. So I asked him his name. I was super excited when he gave it to me. When he and I met the second time it was after the Angel thing happened. I just wanted one friend even if he only existed in my dreams. But now after talking to Andy and really seeing him.

I knew right then and there. That I could possibly trust him. But then I think of all the times he's been sneaky. The feelings of before come back and I don't think I could trust him at all. He looks at me and he sees what's in my eyes that I'm not saying with my mouth. He looks sad and I have this urge to reach my hand out and comfort him. But I sit on my hands and I don't move.

"Why did you wait so long to tell me? I might have recognized you if you spoke up," I said sounding a little hurt. He looks down and then looks back up at me. "I didn't think you would remember or believe me if I told you. That we met in your dreams and that we have met twice," he says to me. I nod my head. "Would you believe me if I told you that?" He asks me.

I think about it for a moment then I nod my head in understanding. I wouldn't have believed him. Even if he was just jumping up and down in said world with all sorts of stuff around him. "No I wouldn't have believed you at first. But after the many dreams that I have been having lately. I would like to think that I would have," I said in a quiet voice.

He smiles at me and shakes his head. "But you never really did tell me why or how you ended up in my world. You only told me how you and I met. Unless that is how it happened when you were helping me find my way home," I said. He nods his head and smiles. "Yes that is true I was just going to help you find your way home.

But then we ran into some trouble and I ended up being in your world. I didn't think I would get back home. But a small part of me didn't want to go back. A small part of me was glad I came into your world. Where I come from our world was just starting to fall apart. We are also not allowed to be in your world. For a long period of time.

If we did then there would be consequences. We could also cease to exist. Though that hasn't happened to me yet. But since time works differently in our world. I think I have another year or two or less before that happens to me. But I wanted to make sure that you were alright and safe," he says to me.

I think about what he is telling me and I bite my lip. If he can't survive much longer then why doesn't he go back to his world? Despite what he told me. I feel like he could go back any time he wanted to. Including since he had a doorway to that world. Also what kind of trouble did we end up running into?

I look up at him and I decide to start asking him my questions. "I know you told me why you haven't gone back to your world. But why don't you try going now? If you do you could come back and forth any time you wanted right?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"That's not how it works once I go back to my world. After being gone for so long. I won't be able to get back to your world. That is why I stay until I can't stay anymore," he says to me. My eyes widen in shock on what he says. "Here's my last question for you" I say to him. "What kind of trouble did we run into?" I asked him.

He doesn't say anything at first. "There was these people chasing us I thought if I got them to follow me. That you could go back to your world. Without anything happening to you. They started to follow me and it seemed to work. The moment we got to your world. They died instantly there are some people who can't survive at all in this world," he says.

I chew this over in my head. I feel like everyone is connected some way or some how in this world. I think to myself. "How come I can survive in your world but you can't seem to survive in my world?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders and laughs.

"Your guess is as good as mines hun," he says to me. Thats when I know I wanted to get to the bottom of this whole mess. I just wanted my life back to the way it was. I just wanted to be one of those normal teenagers. Who only have to worry about if her parents would accept her or not.

But I guess I knew better then that. "Can I use this door? Also do you think we should tell our new group about all of this?" I asked him. He looks at me shocked for a moment. "You would trust them with something like this?" He asked me.

"Well I've been having these dreams where I was told to get them to help us. I mean what if its too much for just me to be able to handle it on my own? As much as I hate to get help from people I barely know. But sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Including when I feel like I have no choice in this matter," I say with a sigh.

He nods running his fingers through his hair. "Well then we better get some sleep I have a feeling we have much to do tomorrow," he said. I nod my head and head back to my room. I close my door and lay on my bed. At first I just lay there and stare at the ceiling. When it looked like I wasn't going to get any sleep.

I end up drifting into sleep and for once I don't have any dreams.

*The Next Morning*

I wake up and get ready for school. I go downstairs and into the kitchen. I open up the fridge and grab myself something to eat for breakfast. As I'm doing this I hear Andy coming down the stairs and I look up. I remember what happened last night. Could I really be doing this?

Even with Andy? I mean I couldn't see how our new group could handle this. Let alone believe it. I know its stupid of me to try. But if they don't want nothing to do with me and they thought I was crazy. Then they weren't really good friends if you could call them that. I didn't know them that well to call them friends yet.

I know with most people it's easy to see others as your friends. But with me and what I learned? You only consider them friends when you know them for 1 year or longer. If they couldn't do that then their not worth your time. I sit at the table and I start to eat. Andy grabs himself some food and sits across from me.

I don't say anything for a while. I wasn't sure what I should say. Just when I think we will probably be eating in silence. He opens his mouth and speaks up. "You ready for today?" He asks me with a smile on his face.