Chapter 4: Crippled

"Hey, here's the poem book that you wanted to borrow."

Seokjin gives a warm smile to his companion who is sitting silently in a bulky wooden chair with wide armrests that has the carvings of ancient dragons and a cushioned velvety seat; on each end of the chair, it had wheels attached to them. He held a book in his arms, slightly looking up to Seokjin.

"Did you even have the chance to finish it? If you haven't, it's fine, I could wait."

"I've read this book a thousand times, it's fine, you can read it," Seokjin laughs slightly. "Well I'll be on my way, see you later tonight for the 2nd night of the festival."

"I won't be attending."

Seokjin furrows his eyebrows. "You didn't attend last night's either, you must attend this one or the king won't be happy."

"I don't care what the king thinks. My decision is final."

Seokjin nodded in defeat, knowing that he wouldn't be able to convince him. He bowed his head before leaving his friend alone in the castle's library. The man sighs, jaw slightly loosening from tension. He slams his book close and placed it on top of his thighs.

He needed fresh air, but couldn't go outside so opening the library window is more convenient for him.

His eyes saw birds traveling past by as the summer's wind whistles through the tall trees. The sun kissed his tanned skin, highlighting his sharp and angular cheekbones that complemented his razor-edged grey eyes. He looked down at the bottle of liquor that was brought to him by a servant earlier, and poured himself a drink to his wine glass. As he brought the alcohol to his lips, the burning sensation poured down his throat, creating a warm feeling inside of his stomach.

"I can't believe you dined with the Prince of the Southern kingdom," a handmaiden from below speaks, catching his attention.

'Southern Kingdom? Seokjin?'

"I didn't know that he was a prince. I thought he was another commoner, Jihyo."

"A commoner? With that face?"

(Y/N) chuckles at her handmaiden's remark. "He is handsome, I can't deny that, he's a little commanding though."

Namjoon gives a small snicker. As his lips curled into a smile, his dimples became prominent on his cheeks. He'd known Seokjin ever since they were children... although they came from two very different kingdoms, they clicked at a young age, acting as if they were long lost brothers. And hearing this mystifying girl expressing her feelings towards the Southern Prince with honesty instead of kissing up his ass fascinated Namjoon.

"But that doesn't matter if he's charming, (Y/N). Lord I would let him step on me and I would say thank you."

"You're a dreamer aren't you?" (Y/N) laughs. The female purses her lips together to create a vivid thought from her experiences with Seokjin. "I... I have this feeling, Jihyo... it's not a spark of love towards Seokjin— I know for a fact that there isn't any possibility that he would court me nor I would court him, our social classes are to wide— but if I ever meet him again, I wouldn't mind being his friend if he pushes the thought of me being a commoner and him being a prince. It's just between two human beings, that's all."

"That's a beautiful thought, (Y/N)..." Jihyo awes, admiring (Y/N).

'Indeed it is...' Namjoon thought. '(Y/N)... I've never heard this name around this castle before... who is she?'

She wasn't the typical beauty that was found in the seven kingdoms; she was more than that. (Y/N) has large liquid (e/c) eyes, holding both purity and innocence. He found it impossible to be not held prisoner by them. Her cheekbones were constructed flawless and her nose was evidently cute... but what held him so captivated was this enigmatic look of hers that would take long for him to comprehend.