Prologue

Hindi dapat pupunta ng Ball for the Stars si Bamboo ngunit sa huling sandali ay nagbago ang kanyang isip. Mabuti na lang at may nakahandang kasuotan ang kanyang stylist.

Nagngingitngit na pinagmamasdan niya si Asher mula sa isang sulok ng venue. It seems like she's having the time of her life while dancing with that guy, Matthew. He mustered a great amount of self control to stop himself from walking to the dance floor and grab Asher from that guy. He does not want to create a commotion for pete's sake. If looks could kill, that guy could have died right there and then. He was gripping the wine glass so tight that a little tighter could have broken the wine glass. He saw her stumble and that guy caught her and led her out of the dance floor. Like a spy, he followed the direction where they were heading to. He realized they were headed out of the venue. 'To where?' screamed his mind.

He walked briskly but carefully following their direction when a vision stopped him on his tracks.

Due to their oozing stage presence and chemistry, they have been the most requested music duo in almost all corporate events. Tonight, they are singing a Mashup of Celine Dion's It's All Coming Back To Me and Meat Loaf's I Would Do Anything For Love. She looked so regal in her royal blue tube A-cut gown while he looked dashing in his suit. Both of them are a representation of royalty.

Like most of their other performances, they have that imaginary line separating them. He said, "Come here" and signaled her to come closer but she just smiled and put her hands on her waist while smiling as she promoted The Voice Kids instead. They are done with their duet and he wanted to get near her, it has been weeks since their last real conversation but it seems like they won't still be able to talk to each other.

"Coffee after this?" He offered her with a not-so-sure smile.

"Sure coach!" She agreed gleefully that made him widen his smile. "I'll just get changed, see you in a bit" she waved as she entered her dressing room.

He was also so excited to pack his things and meet her outside their dressing rooms but when he opened the door of his dressing room, he was surprised to see her holding the hands of her boyfriend.

"Serah?" He couldn't continue. He wanted to tell her that she said 'Yes' just a few minutes ago and now it seems like she's gonna turn him down.

She smiled sadly, "Sorry coach, Matt's here to pick me up."

"Of course, no problem, you both take care then," he said head bowed down, defeat in his tone. He was left standing sadness written over his face.

Snapping from the vision and wondering where it came from, Bamboo quickened his paces and followed where Asher and that guy were headed. They were about to get in the guy's car when Bamboo faked a cough that made Asher and Matthew look to his direction.

"I'll take her home" sinlamig ng yelo na sabi ni Bamboo habang lumalapit sa kanila.

"Teka lang pare, sino ka ba sa akala mo?" Nagngingitngit naman sa galit si Matthew sa pakialamerong lalake na lumapit sa kanila.

"Ikaw, sino ka ba?" Bamboo counter questioned.

"I'm her love team, her love interest and her escort for tonight," Matthew answered proudly.

"Oh, in the movies?" Bamboo was quick to answer back a little bit sarcastic.

By this time, Bamboo is holding Asher's left arm, while Matthew is holding Asher's right arm.

"And you, kaano-ano ka ba niya?" Aroganteng tanong ni Matthew kay Bamboo.

She was a little bit dizzy from too much alcohol when she heard him call her. "Serah?"

She was so excited to go out with her fellow coach. She missed their meaningful conversations and exchange of music updates, that's why she did not hesitate to say Yes when he asked her to go out for coffee after their performance. She quickly changed from her gown to her casual clothes and asked her PA to pack her things and just wait for her message after their coffee session but that did not happen. A knock on her dressing room door hindered the coffee session that she was looking forward to.

"Hi Mahal, surprise!"

"Matthew?" She was really surprised. Buong akala niya ay nasa ibang bansa pa ito at bukas pa ang dating kaya literal na nasorpresa sya.

"Surprise pa ba kung sasabihin ko na naka pag book ako ng earlier flight? Can I get a hug?" Masayang turan ng kanyang kasintahan habang ibinukas nito ang kanyang mga kamay para sa isang mahigpit na yakap.

Matthew enveloped her in his arms ngunit ang ngiting abot hanggang tenga niya kanina ay napalitan ng ngiting napipilitan at nag-aalangan.

Saktong kakalabas lang nila ng dressing room niya nang bumukas naman ang pinto sa dressing room ni Bamboo. She saw how the spark in his eyes left when he saw them.

"Serah?" Sadness evident in his tone.

"Serah?" She's still feeling dizzy due to too much alcohol in her system but she heard Bamboo loud and clear. He called her 'Serah'.

-------

A/N: Updating this story because I was inspired to continue this after watching Kimi No Nawa. :)