Buddy Holly x Reader: Fever

Based off my dreams—————————

Norman Petty trusted you with keeping Buddy in place, your were more of a baby sitter. Norman hired you because he simply had better things to do than follow Buddy everywhere, it was good for Norman, but especially good for you since you love Buddy dearly. Of course you didn't follow him everywhere, as in staying at his place or when he went to the store, but you did make sure he was in check. You thought of him as a good friend, but you hoped it'd become more than that.

Your telephone was ringing, "Hello?" You answered.

"Oh- um hi y/n.." Buddy said sniffing.

"Buddy are you ok? You sound weird."

"I feel really sick... I don't know who to call other than you, since you take care of me all the time..."

"Where is Jerry and Joe?"

"They left me, they said something bout not wanting to get sick too."

"Don't worry ill be there soon."

You hung up the phone, grabbed your purse and hurried to his place taking a taxi there. Oh Buddy...

*15 minute time skip*

When you arrived you took a deep breath, and walked onto his porch. Of course you had told the driver you were visiting your sick aunt, you felt so lucky that you were one of there few people who knew where The Buddy Holly lived.

You knocked on the door, "Buddy?.. It's me..." You waited for a response. "Buddy?.. Are you alright!?."

A few minutes later you heard the door unlocking, you were so jumpy, maybe because you've never been alone with just him and you in the house.

A sickly, tired, Pajama wearing Buddy creaked open the door. "H-hi..." He sneezed.

"Oh hello..."

He opened the door and walked back into his bedroom. You went into his cabinet and pulled out a thermometer, and rushed to take Buddy's temperature. You got very shy and nervous as he opened his mouth and made direct eye contact with you.

"Your temperature is 103, I think it's best not to get under the covers."

He was shivering, "But why?.. I'm so cold."

"I don't want your temperature going up, you'll get even more sick."

"Fine." He removed the blanket reluctantly.

"I'm going to go get medicine." You looked around his cabinets and found some benadryl.

You read the box, "Well it says you gotta take 3 spoonfuls."

"Aw come on, don't make me drink that many."

"Well for 103 it says at least 3."

"Is there some other way to get my fever down?"

"I'll go get a cool cloth."

He smiled. "Thanks."

His smile was so damn cute! Ugh- just adorable, (BUT HOT AT THE SAME TIME.) You got a bowl with cold water and a cloth. You sat it on his night stand and rung the cold cloth out, you were about to put it on his forehead when you noticed-