Preface

Have you ever wondered if there is a position description for a preachers' wife? Are you tired being asked to solve church matters and issues outside of your control just because you are the pastors' wife? Would you like for someone to call you by your name for once, instead of the "pastors' wife"?
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, then this book is for you. You will find that you are not alone. Others struggle with the novices associated with this role. May you find strength to no longer strive to live up to the expectations of others, but seek to please the one who matters most. The stark reality of it all is..there are only two types of wives, saved and not saved. And God's expectations for us in this role is the same. As soon as we let go of trying to act like a preachers' wife and simply live like a child of God, the quicker we can enjoy being the help mate we are called to be.
This book provides a glimpse in the life of a pastors' wife. It does not speak for all, but trust there are many wives with similar experiences. Whether you are preacher's wife or are not, single or guilty of having nothing good to say about one, this book will let you walk a mile in the shoes of a preachers' wife and find an ordinary person with the same struggles, challenges, successes, failures, loves, likes, and dislikes as you! Because a pastors' wife was once you!