Chapter 2: Treason

Even after I couldn't see my mate anymore. My eyes were trained on the last spot I saw him. As I was laying there my body still exposed. Two of the warriors came in grabbing me by my elbows and lifting me off the floor.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked I wasn't sure what was happening. Or where they were taking me. I was sure that I wasn't being set free since they were still treating me as a prisoner.

The guard dragged me down the corridor. We went through a hidden doorway until we stood in front of another cell. My brows furrowed in confusion.

As they opened the heavy solid metal door they pushed me in. "What's going on?" I tried keeping my voice strong. Though it was hard to see any positives in the situation.

No one answered me. As they shut the heavy door I realized I was now in solitude. The cell was pitch black, it took my eyes a minute to adjust.

There was nothing in this cell. No bed, no bench, not even a window. It was bare. The smooth stone walls giving it a medieval feel. As I started pacing the room, my mind was racing. As I looked to the corner of the cell I noticed the blood splatter along the wall.

That's when I realized, this isn't a cell. This is a torture chamber. How did I get myself into this mess? How could my mate allow me to be tortured?

What has my life come too? Was I destined to be locked away? First, with the deal my father made with Alpha Cole. To be locked in a tower-like some Disney princess. I wasn't going to let that happen. My father would start a war with Alpha Cole if he knew how I was treated while in his land.

Before I could get too deep into thoughts that intoxicating smell filled my nostrils again. He was coming down here. Was he getting me out?

Standing up I heard the metal door groan open. Light flooding in around the large muscular figure standing in the doorway. He walked into my cell his eyes raking over my body.

I must have looked awful. My dark hair was a mess with twigs and dirt still matted in it. I'm sure my chocolate brown eyes were surrounded by bruises. As I stood in my lace bra and panties in front of my mate.

Before I could register three other wolves joined him in my cell. Flanking my sides as they would do in an interrogation. I cocked my eyebrow at him waiting for him to say something. Waiting for him to speak to me for the first time. For him to at least acknowledge that I wasn't crazy and he felt it too.

As they all settled in position surrounding me he looked at each of the men. As he did this I took in all of his features. His jet black hair was styled with a prominent part line. He had a full beard, he was still wearing the black cotton tee shirt he wore earlier. Though being closer I could see it clinging to his abs hidden underneath it. His arms adorned with tattoo sleeves. They disappeared under his shirt my mind wondering what the rest of them looked like.

As my eyes came up from his bodies I found his amber eyes staring into mine. They were intimidating, they held power so strong I've never felt it before. It made my knees weak and took my breath away. He held a scar along his left eyebrow as if someone tried clawing at his face.

"So tell me," his voice echoed around the chamber. I cocked an eyebrow at him, "what do two Alphas want with one girl?" 

My brows furrowed at him "What are you talking about?" Was my father looking for me? Did he find out how Alpha Cole was treating me? I knew why Alpha Cole wanted me and I would rather die than go back there.

"I've had a couple of phone calls from two angry Alphas asking for you to be given back." He watched my facial expressions closely. I could see his eyes shifting slightly as he scanned every feature to try and gauge my emotions. Yet I kept my face from wavering at all.