Five : Letters

~ Dylan ~

I woke up only to find myself half hanging and half falling from the couch .

I don't understand why can't people keep a bed  instead of a sofa in the living room . So much better than this back ache .

As I walk to the front door,  I see a letter that probably had been slipped through the other side . It had my name written on the Envelope in a messy handwriting .

Who would send me a letter . That too,  when I'm here .

"DYLAN ....... " 

I rush to Grace's room as I hear her scream,  leaving the letter on the floor .

"What kind of sick joke is this ? " Grace shouted at the top of her lungs,  literally just one step away from killing me .

"First calm down and tell me what the hell is wro---", I cut off as I stared at the wall,  my eyes about to bulge out of their sockets . You can never let go of your past.That's where you belong. This whole sentence covered the walks,  written in red huge letters which better not be blood .

"I ... I dont kno--- " What can I say when my life turns into a horror story .

"Smooth Dylan . Real smooth . Start someone's morning with reminding them what they wanted to escape from and then pretend all innocent . I didn't force you to help me in the first place . This was not required to tell me my life is fucked up . "

"WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP ? Stop being such a bitch just because I was dumb enough to help you this much . Now you listen . I didn't do this . "

I spat out ruthlessly.

"Oh look what a believable lie . You expect me to think that there's some ghost doing this when we're the only ones here . And I'm the Bitch ? "

"I DIDN'T DO IT .And this is the last time I'm saying that . Think whatever the heck you want to . And show all this of your courteousy to someone else . "

At this Grace first looked livid but then suddenly it was replace with terror and panic . " Y-You sure you didn't do this ? "

"No,  I'm on Drugs ." I reply frustrated .

"If that would the case,  I would be a lot more happier . " , she was trembling uncontrollably , " If it not one of us,  then it's obvious that someone broke in . S - Some one who ..... someone who's been following us all along . "

With that even my blood ran cold

Shit I was busy in arguing that I forgot about this whole scenario .

Grace was correct . It was someone who had followed us all along and even managed to break in . That made it clear that if the person was dangerous, we were not safe .

As I was wondering this I noticed another letter lying near Grace's bed,  similar to mine .

" What's that?  I've got one like that too . "  , I pointed out the letter .

" Doesn't look like anything good to me . " , She picked up that letter with trembling hands and I lifted mine from the floor . We shared a look of uncertainty .

" I guess we should open them alone . Please . " Grace requested and I agreed to it . What could be in an unknown letter that Grace couldn't share with me .

Does she have some dark secret buried in her past ?

I shook off the thought . Another fight like today's is the last thing I want right now .