Chapter Five

Once I got home, the place was dark. I opened the lights cause of the darkness. I opened the light to see something I wish I could unsee.

I saw a naked man sleeping on the couch and all I could do was scream. "AHHHHHHHH. Oh. My. God. I'm so sorry, I didn't know that you were here." "It's ok. You like what you see ;)." UGH. He's SO disgusting. It's ok Rupi, be the nice girl you are. "I'm sorry, I'm lesbian." "Oh. Cool, cool." He got up and put some clothes while I stood there wishing that this NEVER happened. "So you're my new roommate?" "Yes. I just came back from school." He looked kind of familiar to me. I didn't why but it felt like I've known him from my childhood. "Anyways, there was something for you. My dad sent it over for you and I really don't know why." He went into his room and came out with a small box. "Here. Well, I'll go shower, see ya later roomie ;)." After that interaction, he left to go back to his room. "Great, Rupi. Your luck is soooo great." I said to myself while going back to my room.

While I was organizing my stuff, I saw a picture frame that flipped down. I flipped the frame back over to see what is on it. I shocked at what I saw. It was a picture of Abrar before coming to Canada. Maybe this dude is his cousin? Yeah, that could be it. That's why he seemed familiar and known in a sense. I waited till he got out of the shower so I can ask him about it. I just to grab a light snack when I heard his room's door open. "Hey," I said. "Hi, what's up?" "Oh, nothing much. There was this picture in my room and I wanted to know who it was." I handed him the picture for further inquiry. He looked at the picture and smiled. "This is a picture of my younger self. My dad used to live that room so I haven't removed since he left." "Oh, he just looks a lot like this boy I was neighbors with long ago." "Oh? What's that boy's name?" "Abrar." He kind of jumped when I said Abrar.

"What a coincidence! My name is Abrar too! Must be a common Bengali name." "Yea might be." I started to walk away. "Wait," he called me back. "I didn't get your name?" "Oh, I'm sorry. It's Rupi." "Oh, I used to know a girl named Rupi, a very quiet girl. She looked just like you." Then something in my brain clicked. "Hang on, was this girl your neighbor in Bangladesh and has a younger brother named..." "Ridhoy. You think I wouldn't know that polite attitude of yours. I knew you were Rupi, my dad told me that you'll be living with me along with your brother. Where is he by the way?" I stood there in silence for about 20 minutes and still processing everything. While I was doing that, Abrar made us mac and cheese. After he was done, he fed me some and I ate it. I ran to my room after that happened. What. Just. Happened? I was too shocked to even think straight right now. "I'll go pack some stuff for tonight and head to Ronan's." and that's exactly what I did. Abrar went into his room for something so I had my shot to sneak out. I was able to get out of the house without him noticing I was gone. Good thing! I knocked on Ronan's door hoping he would answer.

"Hang on a sec, I'll be right there." I heard laughter, that must mean the gang is here. "Rupi, what a surprise! I didn't know you will be coming tonight." "Well, good things are never really planned, neither are the bad ones," I said with a smile. Please, Ronan! Take me in for the night. "Well, you can always stay..." "I'd love to!" "Ok! Come in! The gangs here so they'll be happy to see you." With that, I didn't have to worry about Abrar for one night. "Hey, guys! Rupi is here!" Ronan shouted to the rest. "RUPI!!!!!" all of them shouted at once. "Hey, guys!" Aidan walked to me and hugged me. " I thought something happened with your mom and got scared." "Something did happen, and it wasn't with my mom," I told them everything. The picture, Abrar naked (Gross!!), and even the mac and cheese. "Wait, back up here. How long have you known Asshole?" "17 years. We've been neighbors since my birth" "HOLY SHIT. YOU'RE RUPCHANDA (A Bengali fish). HE USED TALK ABOUT A GIRL THAT HE LOVED AND CALLED HER RUPCHANDA." Oh no. I guess the nickname hasn't left me AT ALL. When I was younger, I loved eating this fish called Rupchanda. Abrar gave me that nickname to make fun of me. I never knew he LOVED ME!

This is too much to process, I fainted after all these thoughts weighed me down. The last thing I heard was everyone screaming my name as I hit the ground real hard. I woke up after 2 hours in a hospital bed. I looked around and I saw my friends and... ABRAR????