-19- Sunshine

-19- Sunshine

Today is Saturday and it's just lunchtime, but Yibo had already asked me three times if I knew when Xinxin would be coming home tomorrow. After the third time, I asked him why he was so desperate to know. His answer was, "Because I miss her so much."

After only a few days my daughter has already burned herself into the heart of Yibo. He told me that he is her dad now and that he couldn't really enjoy the role of being her dad yet because they only had a few days together.

I told him that she would be back on Sunday and that he would have a few more days with her, where he could do something with her alone if he wanted to. But then he looked at me crookedly and asked me if I was crazy to think he would want to be without me for even one minute.

Oh yes, because Yibo would like to know who my friends are here and he wants to meet them, they will come to visit us tonight. I just don't know if that's a good idea.

Yesterday when we were in the supermarket we met an old college friend of mine. He hugged me as a greeting and Yibo was about to hit the ceiling. He asked me why I let this guy hug me and if I had forgotten who I belonged to now.

With his jealousy he even made the cashier grin. "You are my ZhanZhan, my sunshine, my paradise. No one but me may touch you, and certainly not hug you. I don't like it. Even if this is normal, it doesn't have to be." He said so and the Chinese cashier giggled.

She said, "They're all like that here. You better get used to it fast."

Whereupon Yibo gave me a shocked look. "You're not serious, are you? I'll hang a sign around your neck and write: "This man is mine, hands off!" And then I stick a picture of myself on it so they know who you belong to."

Just as a precaution, I wrote to my friends that they better not hug me when they come by. I explained to them that Yibo is not used to such greetings and might misunderstand it.

I'm afraid that, if Yibo has to experience this again three or four more times today, I'll really soon be walking around with a sign hung around my neck. Or he' II have it printed on all my stuff.

When we got back from shopping, the next big thing came. I went into the bathroom to change a light bulb. The old one had broken in the morning.

So I got my ladder from the basement, took it upstairs to the bathroom, and climbed the ladder. Unfortunately, this house has high ceilings, which means three meter high ceilings, so you have to take more than two or three steps of the ladder.

So there I was standing on the ladder and I didn't suspect anything bad when Yibo came rushing into the bathroom and screaming, "Damn it, Zhan, what are you doing? Get down from there right now." I was so frightened I had to cling to the ceiling.

"Yibo, I just want to change the bulb. That's all, so just calm down." I say this in a calm tone while my heart slowly crawls back up from my little toe.

"I see that. Now get down from there. I'm doing that. What if you fall off the ladder and hurt yourself? Come down here, ZhanZhan." And that was not a friendly request from him.

To calm Yibo down, I climb down the ladder together with the new bulb and Yibo immediately pulls me towards him and presses me firmly against himself. "Never do that again, ZhanZhan." He said and pulled me out of the bathroom.

He took the new bulb, climbed up the ladder and changed the broken one. I could have tried to explain to him that I am a man and that I have done this before several times, but I don't think that would have helped anyway.

In the kitchen today I cut some vegetables for the evening when I accidentally cut my finger. This happens sometimes and is not too serious. Unless you have a boyfriend like Yibo who would have loved to call the ambulance.

So with a thick bandage on my finger for a tiny cut, I sat there and watched Yibo cut the vegetables.

Yibo took the glasses out of the dishwasher for me, because one of them could have broken and I could have injured myself.

I wonder, was Yibo like that then too? I thought back and forth and the answer is yes. But it wasn't as intense then as it is now. Back then, he scolded me if I got hurt anywhere or took over difficult things for me.

He said then, if I remember correctly. That my physical wellbeing was important to him.

I wonder if Yibo is aware that I have been able to get along without his overprotective manner in the last years? Anyway, I decided not to say anything at first. I will watch this for a while and if things don't get better, I will talk to him.

Even if it's sweet of him. But he has to get rid of that fear. Or rather this over-protective way. Before I really feel like I'm a helpless woman who can't do anything without her husband.

The night my friends arrived, they greeted me with a handshake. It was totally unusual for us, but we didn't let it show. Just because Yibo was standing there watching us with Argus eyes.

While my friends were there, the new side of Yibo showed itself once again. The one I had never seen before. He used to be closed and cool to others. But tonight he was open-minded, funny and very warm towards my friends.

It was nice to see how relaxed and free he could talk to them and especially when it came to me or Xinxin. Whenever they talked about me, he became very attentive and then compared their experiences and memories with me, with his experiences and memories with me.

In the end, Yibo realized, and he looked relieved, that no one knows me as well as he does and that he is the only one who knows all my sides and facets.

When my friends were gone again, it must have been two o'clock in the night, Yibo and I sat outside for a while and enjoyed the fresh night air. He put his arm around me and smiled.

"You know my ZhanZhan, I imagine so our life in the future. We'll play something with Xinxin or meet friends and then we'll sit here for a little while, enjoy another moment and then go to bed together."

" We can do that if you live here. We can also plant a small garden and enjoy the sight of growing vegetables."

"As long as we're doing all this together, I'm in. When it comes to you, I can just imagine everything."

"Oh, really?"

"Sure. Because you're my sunshine."

Yibo puts both arms around me and kisses me. "I love you, my ZhanZhan." Does he whisper before he picks me up and carries me upstairs to the bedroom

" Does he whisper before he picks me up and carries me upstairs to the bedroom