Reunion (2)

Simon's POV:

It was the end of block two. I already had tons of homework, but all I could think about was JJ. I don't blame him for being mad at me. We spent every single day together. Leaving him was the hardest thing I ever had to do. If I had any control, I would have never. I should have never lost contact with him. I've missed him.

The bell rang for lunch, the part I have been dreading. If I couldn't find Josh or Freya, where was I going to sit? I couldn't walk up to my old mates and expect to be a part of them again. They wouldn't want that.

I walked out into the halls, seeing a familiar face up ahead. It was Tobi. Wow, he's grown a lot. He waves off his friend before heading my way, "Simon!" His eyes light up, a smile growing so wide as he hugged me. I hugged him back, relieved to see my once cheery friend still cheery. He was in this moment at least.

He walks down the hall with me, talking a mile a minute, "It is SO nice to see you again. We've all missed you so much. Have you talked to the other boys? They'll be so happy to see you." My mind flickered back to JJ, but I shook it off quickly.

"I saw Josh and Freya. They are pretty cute." I said softly, causing Tobi to smile. "They are the cutest. We finally convinced the two to hook up. They are so slow." He said laughing, leading me into the cafeteria.

He walks forward, heading towards a table filled with all my old mates.  Josh, Freya, Ethan, Harry, Vik, and both of the Cals were sitting there.

I felt frozen in my place, staring at all my mates laughing and talking. They were all still friends, years of memories that I missed out on. I'm sure some of them are still pissed at me, and maybe some barely remember me. But I remember them. I could never forget any of them. They made this hellhole worth it. That's why I'm back.

Tobi places his arm on me gently, knowing that I'm nervous, "Come on mate, it'll be alright." I gave him a grateful nod, slowly making my way up to their table.

There was already an empty spot next to Harry. Where was JJ?

"Shut the fuck up." Ethan mumbles, noticing me first, "Simon Minter!" He exclaims, causing confused faces until they follow Ethan's gaze, landing on me. Guess Josh didn't tell them I was back in town.

"H-Hey guys..." I mumbled nervously, not sure how they would react. For the most part, everybody smiled up at me, but some well-earned weary faces kept their eyes on me too. I hugged a few people before sitting down, immediately bombarded.

"How have you been?"

"Where did you go?"

"Why are you back?"

"Why did you leave?"

"Why did you not tell us you were leaving?"

"We've missed you."

JJ's POV:

I stood in the corner of the lunchroom, watching the group laugh along with Simon, clearly over the moon to see him. He left me. He left all of them. How could they be so happy to see him?

"Tough to watch, innit?" A light voice said. I turned to my right to see Emily joining me, resting against the wall as I did.

"I'm sure it isn't easy to have him back..." She whispers.

Emily and I weren't the closest. We often disagreed, usually with her being too soft, but we often found ourselves in these situations where life just fucking sucked. I actually felt sort of comfortable with her. While she could piss me off, I felt less alone at this moment having her here with me at least.