Chapter 2: Forbidden Forest

*(Y/N) POV*

Cheer camp came to an end, with the Z-Team winning and Bucky announcing his students body president candidacy, along with his search to find a new cheer captain. It's totally going to be Addison, she's a good leader, and she's his cousin. On our way back to school, I'm still sitting in the front when someone announces, "I've just been asked to prawn!"

'Ah yes, prawn...' I sighed, looking out the window.

Prawn is a hyped up version of prom for Seabrook, it's the first year zombies, and I, can go but, 'No way anyone would ask me.'

Suddenly I heard some gasping and giggling. I turned my head to see Bree read a sign on the side of the road, "Addison, will you..!"

I snorted, 'it's Zed, that dork!'

He's totally that cheesy to ask his girlfriend out that way. Looking back out the side window with a soft, amused smile on my lips, I didn't pay much attention until Addison yelled, "Zed!"

Then a crash, for a split second, I see a confused Zoey standing on the side of the road with paper bits in her hands. We hit Zed, and he was now on the roof of the bus. I clung to my seat in fear, 'This is it! I'm going to die because somebody was being asked to prawn!'

I looked at the shrimp, 'I knew I shouldn't have trusted you!!'

He ran right through the fence of the forbidden forest. It was very bumpy, then finally, CRASH! I was thrown against the padding in front of me.

"I'm never getting in a bus driven by a shrimp again.," I muttered, pulling myself up.

My body hurt all over, 'Now I know what it's like to be in a pinball machine..'

Bucky was freaking out and jumped out the back to the bus, then Addison went running off to find Zed. I walked over to Bree, who looked irritated.

"Shouldn't somebody go with her?"

Bree looked at me and said, "Go ahead."

Smiling weakly, I told her, "You are perfectly capable of taking care of everyone here, Bree."

I saw her face lift as I jumped out the bus and headed in the direction Addison went. The forest was beautiful, mysterious, and calming. I almost forgot I was looking for Addison until she called me "(Y/N)? Is that you?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah! I came after you-" She cut me off by covering my mouth, "I don't if we're alone."

Then suddenly we heard a howl, we both looked towards the source, and we saw a girl with gold glowing eyes, and we gasped. When she disappeared, Addison and I looked at each other, "was that.."

Addison screamed as Zed came up behind her and punched him. I winced. It looked like it hurt. The others, including Zoey, showed up. Once Addison told Zoey there were werewolves around, everyone started freaking out, while I just thought about the female werewolf we saw. 'I feel like our lives are about to change..'

We were all taken to the city hall, and everyone was freaking out and talking all at once. It hurt my ears. I've always had sensitive hearing, smell, sight, taste, and touch. So when Mrs. Wells, Addison's mom, banged the judge hammer. It hurt, but her words hurt even more.

"Affective immediately, by order of the City Council, all anti-monster laws are reinstated."

My heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach. I clenched my fist and started making my way home.

I was walking, somewhere along the line, I started speed walking, then full-on sprinting. As sadness overwhelmed me, tears were running down my face, 'why would she do this?'

I kept asking why my head. Things were finally starting to get better for me, but Seabrook took it all away. I ran into someone, a city worker with a hard hat, blue overalls, and glasses. I just curled into a ball on the ground, hugging my knees, crying my eyes out.

"I hate this town.." I mumbled out between my sobs.

The city worker bent down in front of me, "Why do ya say that? It's got Froyo. It can't be all that bad."

His voice wasn't soft, like how people usually talk to someone who's crying. He wasn't trying to comfort me like I was a baby who had just tripped and fell. He got down to my eye level, so he wasn't looking down on me, he made himself equal, on my level, and it made me respect him. I wiped my tears away and looked into his big eyes, which made me snort.

"Man, those glasses make your eyes look too big for your face."

He chuckled, "Why, thanks. But ya didn't answer my question."

We both stood up, and my sadness was turning into anger.

"This town, I'm so sick of it. Yes, Froyo is freaking bomb, but the humans here are just jerks!"

"When ya say it like that, you sound like you're not one of 'em yourself." His head tilts. I looked into his big eyes, almost laughing again, but I held it.

"Zombies raised me, and, let me tell ya, are waaayyy nicer and more fun than humans," I said matter-of-factly with my hand on my hip, causing him to chuckle.

I smile slightly, but then it drops as I look away, "Nobody in Seabrook wanted me because of my hair. As you can see, it's white, and I can't change it. But the Mayor's daughter is just like me, and yet she's accepted like a human...while I'm still treated like a monster. So, I pretty much identify as a monster, because I'm not a zombie, and I'm not human, so all that's left is being a monster."

He muttered something under his breath.

"What was that?" my eyes narrowed.

'Strange' I thought, with my hearing I can usually hear when someone mumbles...but I couldn't hear him.

"Sorry," Laughing nervously, he scratched the back of his head, "I was just... Tryin' to think of a way to ask for your name?"

He didn't fool me for a second, but I played along.

"(Y/N), and you?"

Grinning wide, he winked, "Maybe another time, lil pup."

And with that, he started walking away. I glared his back down as he walked away, trying to burn holes into it.

"I've had enough of humans today!"

While storming my way home, I stopped mid-step, looking at my shoe, 'his scent...he wasn't human...was he?'

*Don't forget to vote or comment if you enjoyed the story!*