Attacked

"Up we go, there's no time to waste so we'd better reach the top of this forest before the moon reaches the horizon," Alexis demands and leads the way through the woods.

She leads everyone in the right direction while Kevin and you keep an eye out for food.

"I've heard that one can survive three weeks without food and three days without water," you point out.

"What did I say about faith and survival?" Alexis says and twists her head so she can face you.

Kevin suddenly stops in frustration and says, "I'm straight up giving up on myself. Honestly, like, what are we even doing? Who are we kidding? Even if we make it out of here, the creeps are going to be waiting for us on the other side. Maybe we should just start a whole new life here!"

"No, no, no, no. No negative talk. We are together, we'll get out of this, I promise! Just trust me," she pleads.

"I trust you.." you say.

"Thanks, buddy," she resumes leading the way.

You start wondering, how come you've never encountered any animals? It has been very quiet here, so far. No sign of another life or soul. It seems very suspicious, on one hand there are no animals to hunt, but on the other hand there are no animals to hunt you. You don't know whether you should feel blessed or cursed. If worse comes to worst, you can munch on the grass or the leaves laying helplessly around. You walk for hours and finally encounter

A grassland in which the number of trees starts to decrease.

"Hey," Kevin runs to one tree in excitement, "look, that's a different kind of tree! Does this have any fruit?" He examines it.